• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OJ'S Bronco

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Not sure if my 1980 is an OJ Bronco but it is one of the 1st big ones.
But I need some info on swapping one side of my front end .. It has a bushing out that the right side pivots on .. From the center out.
I bought this old Bronco in 1986 .. It'd been in a wreck & I bought it from a wrecking yard. I brought it back to like for it's 3 time then.
& Now one of my Grand Sons is trying to bring it back at least a 4th time .
& Since I put 3 motors in it ..You might say it's coming back to life for the 7th or 8th time .. Who knows.
..... But my question is What do you guys think is the best web sight to get some info for that model BRONCO.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
OJ's Bronco is not where near as Red Neck as this old 1980...300cid..& Np435
Bullet hole in the roof... ''mine''..
Bullet hole in kick panel .. ''PO''..
Bullet hole in hood ... ''SON KEN''.
ONCE EVERY 300k it get's shot. I'm telling the boys ya'll be careful. It's got 386000 on it.
Time for no. 4..

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Pa, PLEASE don't go over to FSB and call it an OJ Bronco. Most big Bronco enthusiasts don't like the OJ connection and are really tired of OJ jokes. You will get off on the wrong foot over there if you do!

That said, it's a great site for full size info. I have my 84 300 I6 NP435 build thread over there. But it's missing a lot of pics due to the Photobucket debacle.

1984 Bronco Build Thread

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, you have a twin I beam suspension, adapted to 4 wd from the 60s twin I beam in vans and small pickups. Many years ago I bought poly bushings to replace the worn out original rubber bushings in an 84 Bronco, and within 6 months put rubber bushings back in because of harsh bounces and terrible road feel. There are 2 axle pivot bushings and 2 strut arm bushings in case you want to get them all. They were probably Moog bushings from Napa. Good luck