• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

KY Possible scam?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yea anytime you see the 08 Toyota rav4....it's a scam

Bignasty650hp

It's legit Storm'n Norman'

I've been in communication with Sellers Estate Attorney in Ga.

Seller is considering a " sealed" bid process due to the interest level .

I'm going down October 7th to review, but saw the truck last summer while vacationing at Lake Lanier ( 45 minutes away). The previous owner was a cool old guy that bought it new while living at Luke Air Force Base. I was Air Force too, so we hit it off . Truck was amazing then, total original uncut.

Fingers crossed

McLeod

Are scammers too dumb to change the 2008 Rav4 field to make it look more legit?

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA

I'm going down October 7th to review, but saw the truck last summer while vacationing at Lake Lanier ( 45 minutes away). The previous owner was a cool old guy that bought it new while living at Luke Air Force Base. I was Air Force too, so we hit it off . Truck was amazing then, total original uncut.

Fingers crossed

Do you own a Rav4?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I believe big nasty is referring to a 1970 original owner rig that was listed for $6800 on Lexington CL, I've sent 4 emails the last 2 days with no response, now I can't find it.

As I suspected the seller realized it was worth double easy

Bignasty650hp

Yes I'm referring to the 1970 model that was listed in Knoxville & Lexington CL. The Sellwrs live in northern Tn.

I think b/c I had meet the Seller's Father they were somewhat enamored with the knowledge that I meet her Father. Nonetheless, your right the value is much more than $6,800 so I will need to put my best price forward .

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
First, Bignasty, Thanks for your service in the Air Force!

Second, I'm glad it's legit, and good luck with buying it!!

Bignasty650hp

Roger that on AF

I've been a member on this site for 7 -8?years ( just can't remember my old login)

I'm also a member of a Ferrari Forum ( I've owned several "F" cars- have 458 now)-totally different vibe. Very supporting never critical.

But have to say, I think most our EB members a bit too tough and sarcastic to both Buyers & Sellers. To question the validity these Sellers who just lost a family member is very inconsiderate. I spoke to her for 1 1/2 hours Sunday and we never discussed the truck , just life.

I visited this site frequently 6-7 years ago to find it productive , not venomous as I've seen many posts of late. Remember many of the "pot" shots you all are taking is against fellow members .

Perhaps times they are changing ?

Or maybe just the " class" has diminished?

Just my thoughts...

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
This thread was not created for the Bronco you and I are talking about, it was created for a Bronco for sale for $11,800? or so I believe with very suspicious language and a trademark 'Toyota RAV4' that is a well known scam.

I had the same first thought as you when I saw 'Lexington' and 'is this a scam?' having just seen the 1970 ad earlier with what seemed to be a low price, that's how I immediately knew what you were talking about in your first post.

I'm an AF vet too, and I still work for them. Thanks for your service and welcome back!

Jeff

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Roger that on AF

I've been a member on this site for 7 -8?years ( just can't remember my old login)

I'm also a member of a Ferrari Forum ( I've owned several "F" cars- have 458 now)-totally different vibe. Very supporting never critical.

But have to say, I think most our EB members a bit too tough and sarcastic to both Buyers & Sellers. To question the validity these Sellers who just lost a family member is very inconsiderate. I spoke to her for 1 1/2 hours Sunday and we never discussed the truck , just life.

I visited this site frequently 6-7 years ago to find it productive , not venomous as I've seen many posts of late. Remember many of the "pot" shots you all are taking is against fellow members .

Perhaps times they are changing ?

Or maybe just the " class" has diminished?

Just my thoughts...

Yes I think you are confused sir. The 08 Toyota Rav4 in a bronco ad is a scam and he uses others ads.

Sorry for all the confusion and thank you for ur service.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin

Fingers crossed

So will they be inviting other people that inquired to the sealed bidding?