• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coyote Engine - Parts List and Info For Install

Hemmer

Finally got my serpentine from bc Broncos. Took a long time to get and it’s not powder coated like the picture on the web site. I’m really disappointed

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Brackets they sent me were raw steel as well. You will like what you got as soon as it all goes together.

Wait on the oil relocation or filter bracket. One of the bolts for the Power Steering Bracket goes in first.

American180

Loc.
Mount Washington, Ky
Finally got my serpentine from bc Broncos. Took a long time to get and it’s not powder coated like the picture on the web site. I’m really disappointed

I was disappoint with mine not being power coated as well. Other than that, I'm happy with it. I want to try and figure out part numbers of everything. I don't want to brake down somewhere and not know a head of time what I need. I'd like to make an owners manual with every part number that's not original to the truck.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Powermaster Alternator and Sanden AC unit have the part numbers on them. The Power steering pump may be from an earlier Mustang?

While we'er at it, I used a Powermaster 9132 Starter (direct from Powermaster) that is a smaller High Torque design and can be clocked. Lower price than others too.

I too list all the Part numbers on an Excel Spread Sheet.

STalon89

Yea I agree that BC should start coating their parts. Its annoying sending things to powder when they come in, instead of slapping them on the truck.

Hemmer

Quick question how did u guys strap the engine for the hoist? I know it has 2 bolts in both sides and it used to come with mounts for lifting. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

STalon89

This is how I lifted mine. Look for holes in the front driver side and rear passenger. Had no issues lifting it evenly.

Attachments

• IMG_858BE1088DD9-1.jpg
    IMG_858BE1088DD9-1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 264

Hemmer

Putting the bc serparine on. Directions aren’t gr8. Doesn’t match up with the numbers on the bolt packs also had 2 bolts that said they are the same in the same pac. Ended up having different pitch. I seem to be the only one who is disappointed with BC. For the money I spend I expected more I guess.

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
I had the same concern with their instructions and lack of reference when it comes to finding the correct bolts. I talked to Jason who was going to send me the corrected reference and never heard back.

Putting the bc serparine on. Directions aren’t gr8. Doesn’t match up with the numbers on the bolt packs also had 2 bolts that said they are the same in the same pac. Ended up having different pitch. I seem to be the only one who is disappointed with BC. For the money I spend I expected more I guess.

Hemmer

Just be careful I was able to find out the bolt placement after trying and failing a few times. But my ac compressor wasn’t drilled out correctly so I couldn’t figure out that bolt and the bolt with the diff thread pitch messed up some threads on the engine itself. The instructions and quality control of the kit need to be fixed for the price they are charging imo.

I had the same concern with their instructions and lack of reference when it comes to finding the correct bolts. I talked to Jason who was going to send me the corrected reference and never heard back.

Hemmer

c42bff566aeb98d199f8aa9d6ea36ad3.jpg
fd2756acab059be41da4bfeb98fe583e.jpg

So the back of the engine hits the firewall but if u bring it forward the ax compressor wants to hit the frame. Any suggestions ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STalon89

Full disclosure, and I really like Jason, but those directions were a complete shit show. And he admitted it.

STalon89

Issues I had with my Serp kit. Maybe this will help others.

Directions and hardware- pretty unorganized and hard to understand, had to measure each bolt with my calipers.

Alternator- I have the new kit, which has an upgraded alternator. It had to be modified to clear the throttle body. Also, didn't come with a pigtail, had to fine one online.

AC Compressor- A certain threaded hole was supposed to be drilled out, and wasn't. Kind of figured it out as I assembled, had to call and confirm.

Haven't fired the truck yet, so I don't know if Ill have any squeals or anything to sort out, but it needs to be dialed in and made better for the price tag. I would also prefer the brackets came coated, but to each their own.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
STalon89 - Please show a picture of the upgraded alternator.

STalon89

First picture is what Jason sent me as a reference. Second picture is another spot it was hanging up. I believe these are being modified before they ship now. Well I hope at least.

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 183
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Which Powermaster Alternator did they send you? Part number on the box. Not sure if I have the same one???