• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My coyote nightmare

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

891d8ffc373af9bdd5fc853880a872bb.jpg

Before
bbab931f42ba01c5fb5fb645011a2fc3.jpg

After.

Not perfect but I think much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There ya go! Looks Great!

You are gonna need to take off the factory Oil filter Adaptor. The BC angled adaptor or an Oil Filter relocation kit will work.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

I have been waiting almost a month for the bc angled oil relocation to ship. It’s the last part I need to test fit the engine

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BC is not the only one's who make them. I think Ford Racing does as well. Moroso? others? Check Summit Racing.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

I like the angled one. Do other companies make the angled one ?

STalon89

Looks good! When you drop it in, pay close attention to the AC compressor. It only sits above the frame gusset about half an inch when the motor is fully installed.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

0b92d68ea302f57b09c7a8f08be5f5f5.jpg

Frame and under side of body painted with kbs rust seal.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

3c3d4e30f094ecdc42397629c1b8d6c6.jpg

1298a4dd19c180aa32ee7c755d0bfb2d.jpg

Did a test fit the back of engine touches the firewall. If you move it forward the ac compressor from bc bronco serpentine hits the frame. Any suggestions ?

STalon89

You may have to shim the transmission crossmember. Mine was slightly on the firewall as well, and the shim fixed it (Jason sent me that as well). I would mount the engine and tranny and keep the body mounts loose. You should have almost 3/4" of play to slide the tub back or forward. The clearance on the compressor is like half an inch when everything is installed.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

Ok it looks like I need to shim the passenger side engine mount to bring the compressor up off the frame.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

Got the engine and trans in. Just for fit Also the the swap manifolds from ford seem to fit just fine. Idk why everyone said they wouldn’t. Once I fit more stuff maybe I’ll find some problems. Will post pics once my tap talk works again.

STalon89

Got the engine and trans in. Just for fit Also the the swap manifolds from ford seem to fit just fine. Idk why everyone said they wouldn’t. Once I fit more stuff maybe I’ll find some problems. Will post pics once my tap talk works again.

Hmm thats interesting. I dont know the exact reason everyone says they wont, I just didnt question it and bought the headers. Is the starter in too?

American180

Loc.
Mount Washington, Ky
I thought the problem wasn't because they didn't fit, it was because of where they exited. Supposedly, It made it hard to run the exhaust. Do you think you'll have any trouble with the exhaust? I can't tell by the pictures.

STalon89

Yea it looks like that kick might be a little too sharp of an angle. But could be doable. I'll be interested in how it plays out.

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
Can you get a picture from under the bronco looking up at the collector. This looks similiar to to running the stock mustang headers on a 89 5.0.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

Yes I will try to get that pic. I am having a hard time getting the engine and trans and t case to fit. I have to put the trans way up and doesn’t leave room for the t case I had to turn the engine mounts around. That raised the engine an inch then I had to shim it up 1/4 inch just so it wouldn’t hit the fire wall and the ac compressor.

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
Yes I will try to get that pic. I am having a hard time getting the engine and trans and t case to fit. I have to put the trans way up and doesn’t leave room for the t case I had to turn the engine mounts around. That raised the engine an inch then I had to shim it up 1/4 inch just so it wouldn’t hit the fire wall and the ac compressor.

Sounds about right. Welcome to where it gets REAL.