• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ididit Steering Column Install + Stock Wiring Harness

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Your right....stock hazard switch now does the same thing. The turn signals work fine. So I have shorted it somewhere?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Your right....stock hazard switch now does the same thing. The turn signals work fine. So I have shorted it somewhere?

All the correct bulbs light up with the turn signals, front, rear, indicators?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I think it's definitely a short in either the column or near the old haz switch. You can cut the wire you added to pin K, then try the old haz switch again. If it works the problem is in the column. If it doesn't work the problem is near the old haz switch or flasher.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I think it's definitely a short in either the column or near the old haz switch. You can cut the wire you added to pin K, then try the old haz switch again. If it works the problem is in the column. If it doesn't work the problem is near the old haz switch or flasher.

So I snipped the wire and tested the stock hazard switch...same behavior...clicking, but not lights. So you think the hazard switch is busted?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Could be. Unplug the connector on the old switch test the switch with an ohmmeter. The terminals are all connected with the switch on but none should have continuity to ground or the outside of the switch. With the switch off nothing should be connected to anything else.