• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Center Console

sandman23

Just purchased a '73 Bronco and looking to install a center console with radio. The seats are fairly low, so the Tuffy may be too tall versus a Smittybilt. Does anyone have any thoughts on both and which is a better solution? Thanks

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
We build one that doesn't have a radio but it has the ability to install an amp so you can plug your iPhone into it or whatever device you have. Wildhorses, BC Bronco and Duffs all sell it. They all call it by a different name though.

It also has other cool features not found in other consoles. We will also have a new version soon but it will not have a provision for a radio either. Most people I think use some sort of mp3 or other device for music anymore.

Greg

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
We build one that doesn't have a radio but it has the ability to install an amp so you can plug your iPhone into it or whatever device you have. Wildhorses, BC Bronco and Duffs all sell it. They all call it by a different name though.

It also has other cool features not found in other consoles. We will also have a new version soon but it will not have a provision for a radio either. Most people I think use some sort of mp3 or other device for music anymore.

Greg

I saw early prototypes and love this design!

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC

Greg

Greg if you are talking about the "lock and load" console that WH sells, yes, that is the way to go. I also have a 73 and trust me nobody has seats lower than mine, and the armrest feels just right and the whole console and front removable plate for switches and such. Best console for an EB unless you are going to do some crazy personal fabrication.

BTW, I have 88 Nissan Pulsar NX seats...the untold secret for Broncos.. and tall folks. High back, sliders, and flip forward. $80 for a pair at a junkyard and didn't even have blood on them. Then WetOkole custom made covers and they are 100% waterproof and have map pockets in the back.

I tried to add pics with the seats without and then with the console but you cant really see the console well in the 2nd pic but u get the idea.

Attachments

• 20150509_174119.jpg
    20150509_174119.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 194
  • 20180728_143621.jpg
    20180728_143621.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 170

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Yes that's it... Wildhorses move the most consoles by far for the Bronco... We sell several to the Land Cruiser guys a well.