• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who has mounted the Lokar cable shifter?

Broncofan76

Loc.
Atlanta
I'm finding the the brackets don't fit and the shift arm on the trans doesn't line up as pictured in their instructions - or even close. Before I go nuts trying fabricate brackets and spend way too much time on this I wondered if others have had similar experiences with the Lokar cable shifter for the C4?
The tcase and front drive shaft interfere with the way their instructions depict. Also the bolt holes on my trans are not as pictured on their C4 making the bracket impossible to use.

I can upload some pics tomorrow if that's helpful.

thanks

ransil

Bronco Guru
get a floor mount shifter, not a trans mounted shifter.
probably a little late for that now..

OP
OP
Broncofan76

Broncofan76

Loc.
Atlanta
get a floor mount shifter, not a trans mounted shifter.
probably a little late for that now..

Ha ha ha. It would be a bit late but I DID get the floor mount cable shifter. But is shows the bracket mounting to the transmission in a place that is impossible due to the different bolt pattern - could it be that the tcase calls for different bolt pattern than the c-4 shown in their pic?. I might have to make something out of 3/16" or either cut their bracket to pieces. Wanted to see if anyone else had this experience before I did all of that.