• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
Fitted the explorer front dress and belt, actually surprised I found all the bolts easily. Looking more and more like a complete engine!

Attachments

• 40E9DFCF-5AB3-4450-BA79-66366343711E.jpeg
    40E9DFCF-5AB3-4450-BA79-66366343711E.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 46

NJBronk

Contributor
Finshing up getting the front dress back together after replacing the harmonic balancer, new timing cover, Flowkooler aluminum water pump, all new radiator hoses, new stainless radiator brackets, Ford racing 90-degree thermostat housing with Robert Shaw 195 degree thermostat and modified upper hose to clear my AC belt, one-piece rubber oil pan gasket, new Edelbrock fuel pump, all new fuel lines (Gates barricade rubber hoses for now with silicone/fiberglass heat shield sleeve and aluminum heat shielding next to the headers and exhaust) and a marine fuel/water separator filter. Can't really see in the picture the new WH inner fender screens and heavy duty battery cables I installed. Waiting on my full-circle aluminum shroud to fit the new 7-blade fan and fill her with fluids and fire her back up! Fingers crossed no oil, coolant, or fuel leaks... 😬

IMG_0587.jpeg

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
Finshing up getting the front dress back together after replacing the harmonic balancer, new timing cover, Flowkooler aluminum water pump, all new radiator hoses, new stainless radiator brackets, Ford racing 90-degree thermostat housing with Robert Shaw 195 degree thermostat and modified upper hose to clear my AC belt, one-piece rubber oil pan gasket, new Edelbrock fuel pump, all new fuel lines (Gates barricade rubber hoses for now with silicone/fiberglass heat shield sleeve and aluminum heat shielding next to the headers and exhaust) and a marine fuel/water separator filter. Can't really see in the picture the new WH inner fender screens and heavy duty battery cables I installed. Waiting on my full-circle aluminum shroud to fit the new 7-blade fan and fill her with fluids and fire her back up! Fingers crossed no oil, coolant, or fuel leaks... 😬

View attachment 918721
Any pics of the header heat shielding?

NJBronk

Contributor
Any pics of the header heat shielding?

I bought this from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7F8C8P4/?tag=classicbroncos-20

I used self-tapping screws to screw into frame and then some mechanics wire to tie the top middle to the brake lines (somewhat loosely, just to keep it from rattling). Under the truck I ran it horizontally from left frame to right frame over my mufflers. I'm going to run a bit more along the driver's side frame from below the clutch linkage to the muffler on that side. I may do some further towards the tail pipe where the fuel line is close.

I'll have to take some pictures under the truck. I took these for my steering column, so not focused on the heat shielding, but can try to take better pics later. Basically the heat shield is folded into an "L" in the front, screwed into the top of the frame ahead of the motor mount (same screw as a new clamp for the fuel hose), then folded under and on top of the motor mount, then just vertical against the frame behind that and screwed in from the side in one spot. Sticks up to just about the top of the headers.

The aluminum is very pliable (pretty thin) and easy to cut with sheers and form into shape. I figured it couldn't hurt, and easy to remove if it rattles, tears, etc.

IMG_0575.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In the 70s, Scheel (then Scheel-Mann? Or were they always a hyphenated name?) seats were uttered in the same breath as Recaro.
And those sure look nice. And low profile enough to work in a bronco!

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe I ask where you found those and what Brand are they? Those look sweet!
ScheelMann you can google and buy direct. These are the Vario F seats designed for SUV with lower profile bolsters. They are several time the cost of the usual aftermarket seats but if you value seating comfort they are well worth it as they have tremendous adjustment and built in heaters.

chight

ScheelMann you can google and buy direct. These are the Vario F seats designed for SUV with lower profile bolsters. They are several time the cost of the usual aftermarket seats but if you value seating comfort they are well worth it as they have tremendous adjustment and built in heaters.
What did you have to do/modify to mount them? I doubt it is a direct fit.

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
Put in spark plugs and wires, test fit the “vintage” ford motorsport headers I bought at a swap meet for $20? Perfect fit on my gt40 P heads!! Win.

We’ll see if they clear the frame…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Started pulling Blue Print 306 engine, less than 50 miles on engine and broke a ring. No warranty due to my slow build time. BP helpful, said would rebuild for $3400 if I paid shipping. Interesting that BP stopped making that engine. But rather frustrating, had Bronco finished and looking forward to Spring off-roading.

Seattle66

Contributor
Yesterday I noticed a much stronger fuel smell. I found the problem. My Holley carb is leaking fuel up near the front of the carb directly onto the manifold. I believe its the gasket for the accelerator pump, so I started removing the carb and the will replace the gasket. This pic is not my actual carb, but the same model. The green gasket is what I need to replace, but might be time for a full overhaul kit. Fun Times!

03-holley-carb-tune-adjust.jpg

msmith

After putting the project on hold for a couple of years, I am got the ball rolling again. Finally got the body off the ol girl.

Qp7stI6.jpg

QyfnetB.jpg