• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Quarter Panel Armor?

TAWL_BOY

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Friendswood, TX
At the OCBR I saw a handful of people running rear quarter tail light plating that continued over there upper quarter panel up to the door.

After some research I've came across BC corner guards and this thread:
http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95037&highlight=upper+quarter+panel&page=11

I'm guessing everyone's welding an upper quarter cover to the BC corners?

Who is currently making the upper quarter panel guards that fit well?

Any other tips or advice on the subject will be appreciated.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
PNW are the ones we had on our broncos there.....guy is cool and easy to work with.....there were a few that had there uppers welded to BC corners but im pretty sure BC is going to or already has stopped selling them..........

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
They are worth every penny!

1-3.jpg

1296.jpg

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Why? They seem great.

By themselves they fit like crap, big gap at the top. If you add in the bedside from pnw then you can make it look pretty good so its a non issue. To be fair BC didn't make them they had them outsourced but still it ended up being a big deal.

Last edited:

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Mine are PNW's upper guards and rear guards, I formed the rest around the tail light housing myself. The PNW parts fit really well. They are working on a set that does wrap around the tail light section too. Below is a link to their Facebook page and a couple pictures of mine.

https://m.facebook.com/pnw.broncos.7

7u5erydy.jpg

y9ybasaz.jpg

agume5yn.jpg

azu9ybad.jpg

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I keep hoping that they will make some that are 1/8" it would be easier to form, hold up fine and weigh half as much...... weight is gravities friend and harder on parts.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I paid for the mold and had them made 3 times. Each time the cost doubled and the quality dropped. They send samples that looked good but when the order came they didn't fit so well. Most of the problem was on the upper front corner would stick up about 1/2" from the body. They are fine for rock crawler but not so good for looks. I have a few sets still without tail light holes.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you can find some of the first run from BCB they fit fine. I have 2 sets of them and nothing wrong with the fit.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I paid for the mold and had them made 3 times. Each time the cost doubled and the quality dropped. They send samples that looked good but when the order came they didn't fit so well. Most of the problem was on the upper front corner would stick up about 1/2" from the body. They are fine for rock crawler but not so good for looks. I have a few sets still without tail light holes.

I have a set of the last set produced. I also have a set of tree huggers so they dont look as bad at the upper gap. Like Chuck said. They fit fine on crawlers. If you are going to run a tree hugger, buy the quarter guards from Chuck and get a full length hugger from PNW and just cut the top half off (to the curve) of the one from Chuck and weld the PNW upper to it. That is what I will probably do next.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Man I really want to add this protection to my crawler project, but those corner guards are high dollar...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
anyone else have pics of rear body armor. thinking of going with PNW. just a little confused on tail light housings

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
anyone else have pics of rear body armor. thinking of going with PNW. just a little confused on tail light housings

I have looked at these more than once but am afraid of the shipping cost from the west coast to the east coast.