• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Raptor Liner interior - Doors or no

Nicks501

Contributor
Looking for opinions or pictures of interiors for the bronco. Rebuilding a 1975 Bronco and having the interior sprayed with the tintable raptor liner. I originally wasn't going to apply the liner to the interior side of the door (what you see sitting in the seats), just paint. But now second guessing myself of whether I should go ahead and spray raptor liner on the interior side to match the rest of it. What do people typically do when they have the interior sprayed with liner material?

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Do not put it on the interior of the doors, your arms will hate you. When you ride around instead of a smooth surface that rubs against your arm you will have a rubberized sand paper if you will then. No Bueno.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Across the bottom like a kick panel maybe, but no higher than the bottom of the door panels.

OP
OP
N

Nicks501

Contributor
Do not put it on the interior of the doors, your arms will hate you. When you ride around instead of a smooth surface that rubs against your arm you will have a rubberized sand paper if you will then. No Bueno.

Excellent point! Thanks!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Definitely what they said. Even though I don't think you were intending to do it over the top (were you?) I agree it should never be where your arms will be. For multiple reasons, but mainly for the pain.
This includes the rear bed rail tops as well.

I totally concur with the kick-panel aspect on the lower door. Would be functional and I believe look more "purposeful" down there only. The rest of the door will look better still smooth.
I don't think it would be totally ugly on the rest of the door, but almost...;)

I love the Raptor in my '68 but remember it's not a sound deadener OR heat barrier. So if you're going to be driving your rig much don't overlook other aspects of those important factors.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And in case you haven't been yet, welcome to classicbroncos! You've had some good discussions already I think, but I don't remember anyone saying hey back at you.
So there 'ya go...

And by the way, did you know any Sosbees from Little Rock?
Maybe some Holdens too.

Paul