• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kit Baja and Standard Color Baja Broncos by Stroppe

House

Minutia Militia
Just wondering how many out there have Stroppe prepared Bronco's that are not Red/White/Blue...? It wasn't that crazy of an option because I know that they actually advertised that you could do it, and I am sure that there were both special ordered ones and ones that were sent to them out of dealer stock.
Example is Mr. Norton's Tampico wagon:

Attachments

• Campico.jpg
    Campico.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:

TGL

This is my 72 w/ a Stroppe C4 conversion that was done very early in 73 Color is Hot Ginger poly.

Attachments

• CIMG3746.jpg
    CIMG3746.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 462
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 336

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
few and far between I think.... there are varying degrees too. Richard F who writes lots for Bronco Driver alot (and emails alot), has a "Stroppe modified" rig and I know markatherton of beach city Broncos has a blue one with I believe the full Baja package. Original owner of my Tampico claimed he wanted a Baja Bronco but didn't want all the colors. Said: "Bill told me to just go down to Long Beach FOrd and pick one out and he's put on the full package, so thats what I did.."

ransil

Bronco Guru
Mine had a lot of stroppe parts on it, not sure how they got there..
Its is was a 72 Blue sport..

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Carper has this 68 Stroppe modified rig. Many Stroppe goodies on it and some good history.

Attachments

• DSC00880.JPG
    DSC00880.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 504
  • my68.jpg
    my68.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 496

clarrance

Bronco Guru
If I remember correctly, Tom's 68 also has the vin tag on the pass side top of the dash pad. His 68 Stroppe is a very cool and rare Bronco.

gritz

I have a 69 that I am doing a frame off on now. It was speacial ordered with Gold paint. It has the Stroppe power steering and some other goodies.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Carper drove this 72 Baja to last years Bronco Cruise - I'm not sure if it came this way or was repainted at some point but it's still cool either way.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 378
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 435

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Another 68 Stroppe optioned rig. I kick myself everytime I look a this rig....I should have bought it when I had the chance.

Attachments

• 68 Right Front.jpg
    68 Right Front.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 521
  • Drivers side .jpg
    Drivers side .jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 495

gritz

That blue one is very nice. That one and Nortons tampico are why I started looking for a standard color one.

gritz

I am not a contributer yet but I can email you a couple if you want to PM me your email address.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, was in the CA high desert when it was for sale and was sold on this board I thought, but it sort of disappeared.... however, it had been around and cared for by an enthusiast for many years and he didn't show it around either....so it's probably tucked away safely somewhere.

gritz

I really figured a few more would show up. At this rate they must be more rare than the tri colored Stroppes.

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
I really figured a few more would show up. At this rate they must be more rare than the tri colored Stroppes.

I figured that they would be. It makes sense that a non program issue would be harder to find.
Unfortunately not everybody that has one visits this site, so hard to judge
actual quantity. Kinda like the bajabronco.com registry. Who knows how many
on the VIN list still exist but people are either not internet savvy or don't feel
comfortable letting their info out...

Mcfuels

Mine is a1973 baja kit. It's currently at beach city broncos getting a lot of tlc. It came with stroppe roll bar, steering wheel, dual shocks, and a few other stuff. I will be posting pics once I get it back. I'm definitely curious to see how many are really out there. I've been told countless times when I first purchased it that its not a stroppe but now I know it is thanks to talking to a few folks on here.