• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best way to remove smoke smell and ash from the interior? Thanks!

1buckeyefan1

I've had good luck through the years with "Odoban". Sam's club carries it, along with HomeDepot. It's got a eucalyptus type smell, but it doesn't just mask the smoke. I got rid of it in my Sport Trac years ago this way for less than $10.

KBUCK1

Details please. I have bought many used cars that were smoker vehicles. The detail shop at the dealer uses an ozone generator to remove the smell and it works amazingly well. For $50 I would put one on the shelf off my garage.

PS: glad all you have is a smoke issue considering the news has half of California burned to the ground!
Look on ebay for ozone generator. Many of them on there. They absolutely work. Its not a gimmick

BonezTheGoon

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I'll chime in and agree with the ozone generator. When I was much younger I learned about them while doing maintenance work for a hotel. A few years ago I had some smoke damage that was extensive throughout my house (long story short the flue failed in the fireplace) and I rented an ozone generator and it fixed the smell throughout the entire house!

Cannot recommend the ozone generator enough for any kind of smoke smells!

Just be careful you follow the directions! Used incorrectly they can be dangerous!

badasstrapper

It’s called bio-shock you can probably get it from amazon. I sell it in my Auto Parts store, and have used it. Works great

Broncos n' VWs

I'll chime in and agree with the ozone generator. When I was much younger I learned about them while doing maintenance work for a hotel. A few years ago I had some smoke damage that was extensive throughout my house (long story short the flue failed in the fireplace) and I rented an ozone generator and it fixed the smell throughout the entire house!

Cannot recommend the ozone generator enough for any kind of smoke smells!

Just be careful you follow the directions! Used incorrectly they can be dangerous!

Get inside a car after an ozone generator has been in there for a few hours and you will gag and most likely throw up. Ask me how I know that...