• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MD WTB 89 tru 96 Full Size Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
My wife is hinting around she wants another full size bronco. Looking for 89 -96 models. She really wants an Eddie Bauer Edition. She had a 89 Red Eddie Bauer when She was young. I would want it to at least be a XLT trim. 302 or 351 don't want a straight 6. Auto trans. Don't really care what color. It would need to run don't have time for a complete resto.

My biggest request is NO RUST!!! Yes I know they all rust. I had a 96 I loved but I had to get rid of. So I know about rust and the tailgate glass, and the frame rot and some of the other quirks.
Any one got a solid truck that maybe needs a little TLC. My budget really depends on the condition and options the truck has. If it check all the boxes I will pay more for it.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got a nice '96 XLT that was sold new in Roswell New Mexico and stayed there till about 1 year ago. Now in Kentucky. Very little if any rust. Marti report list 28 options! Price is $11k. email sunpony64@yahoo.com if you want more info or pictures.

Attachments

• my '96 front side view.jpg
    my '96 front side view.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 40
  • my '96 inside rear fender.jpg
    my '96 inside rear fender.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 38
  • my '96 interior pass side 2.jpg
    my '96 interior pass side 2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 39
  • my '96 with new shoes.jpg
    my '96 with new shoes.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 32
  • my '96 Marti report.jpg
    my '96 Marti report.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
ared77 That is a really nice truck!
What are the miles on it?
I will show it to the wife and be back in touch.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Nice Bronco Norm! I'm curious about the mileage to since it looks so nice inside.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is what I was told about it, before I bought it, so take it for what it's worth.

Was bought new by a military guy out in Roswell. One owner till some relative of his brought it to West Virginia about a year ago. They couldn't afford to keep it. As it needed tires they bought one (used) then bought another (used), cost more for gas than they were expecting, stuff like that. That's what I was told, now here is what I know (or suspect happened) after buying it and bringing it to Kentucky a few months ago -

The tires were mismatched, first thing I did was put four brand new BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A's on it. Did look like it came from the desert southwest. Had an "Army" decal on the tailgate as well as a "Military School" on the back glass. Sent off for the Marti report. Looked very rust free, but body had scratches and it has a gouge into the metal of the rear quarter, where the older owner backed into something in his garage. (I believe he either passed away, or got too old to drive and that's how it ended up on the eastern side of the country) In going through the interior I found a pocket protector with ink pens, and sunglasses that I believe belonged to original owner. Also found an extra set of keys in the console with the original dealers plastic key FOB still attached! When the deluxe Marti report came in it confirmed the dealer was the same, "Roswell Ford, Lincoln, Mercury".

I would guess the original owner was able to park it in a garage or under some shade a lot of the time because the interior isn't really sun damaged like some you see. The body looks really good going down the road or even when looked at from a few yards away, especially by a casual observer. But if you are a serious "car person" you would want to have it painted. Or at least parts of it painted. I'd kind of hate to do that as I believe it's original paint now with some touch ups done with a small brush.

I had it checked out by local Ford dealer and they performed a recall for cruise that had never been done. They also replaced the rear U joint.

The drivers seat shows some wear, I'll try to add a picture at end of this. I think mileage is around 175K but can't remember for sure. It's at a local shop here in town having the front brakes and bearings checked/replaced as needed. Despite the miles it drives smooth, quiet, with no squeaks or rattles.

Attachments

• my '96 worn drivers seat.jpg
    my '96 worn drivers seat.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 37
  • my '96 drivers door panel.jpg
    my '96 drivers door panel.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Thanks for all the info. Sounds like a really good truck. Price is a little above my budget and to be honest I have no idea when I could ever get out to Kentucky to look at it. I wont buy a truck with out seeing it with my own eyes first.(yes I did it once and never again!). I will keep it in my mind while I try to find something for a little less a little closer to home. If nothing pans out I might have to plan a road trip.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Randy I have seen those. There is one on that list that I may have to look at after the holiday. Yeah that econoline is sweet! LOL

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for all the info. Sounds like a really good truck. Price is a little above my budget and to be honest I have no idea when I could ever get out to Kentucky to look at it. I wont buy a truck with out seeing it with my own eyes first.(yes I did it once and never again!). I will keep it in my mind while I try to find something for a little less a little closer to home. If nothing pans out I might have to plan a road trip.

good luck, i have been looking for a 96 for quite a while, have not found anything that was reasonable. I would only buy the 5.8, 1996 due to mass air. california trucks had it in 95 i think. If my 03 jeep would sale, i might look at ared's truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.