• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacement Gas Tank

jperry1290

So I am sucking a little junk up from my rear tank. Before I drop it I was looking at finding a good replacement that will fit. The 23 gal tanks are nice but a little pricey. Any tanks that can be used from other vehicles? What about mounting a fuel cell underneath and having the fill tube in the bed? Looking for bigger tank

Last edited:

buckintone

Loc.
Carlsbad
So I am sucking a little junk up from my rear tank. Before I drop it I was looking at finding a good replacement that will fit. The 23 gal tanks are nice but a little pricey. Any tanks that can be used from other vehicles? What about mounting a fuel cell underneath and having the fill tube in the bed? Looking for bigger tank

You could always use that po15 tank repair reseal stuff, works good

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
you comin down for fab fords next weekend? could always come down friday or stay til monday, aero tanks is a few miles east in san bernardino, their 23 gallon tank is a lot cheaper and works just as well.

OP
OP
jperry1290

jperry1290

cant make it down to So Cal. The bronco doesnt run without a carb and a dirty fuel tank

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
clean the stock tank. A little muratic acid and some time will make the tank like new inside. Then get some tank sealer and it will last another 40 years!

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
I just went through the same problem and just replaced my stock tank with a new stock tank from Tom's and new stainless fuel line kit from BC Broncos. Although I had some issues, of my own making, I am really happy with the end results.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Not all fuel cells are DOT approved, so you might want to check that before buying. Also, the replacement tanks are angled at the back so you don't smash it when your out wheeling in the rocks. Most fuel cells are rectangular. Although some of the 23 gallon replacement tanks are a bit costly, I think the hassle factor makes it worth it.