• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SpareParts Build Thread...Linked and tons!

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
It runs, I fired it up today.

Well, I used a jumper wire in the engine comp. and had no radiator so it was short increments. I loaded it up and got my hydroboost and P/S lines made.

I have my core support modified, I cut and moved the mounts forward to fit my rad. and elec. fan. set up in. Mounts are on order and should arrive this week.

Tomorrow I'll make the shroud and try to get some pics posted.

David

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Heres some pics of the core support, still waiting on the rad. mts. so more pics coming soon.

I basically cut the support wide enough for the rad. and then built a box out of 3/4" x 1 1/2" tubing. I'll attach the mounts to the top and bottom rail like factory.

David

Attachments

• Core Support and steering hoses 001.jpg
    Core Support and steering hoses 001.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 510
  • Core Support and steering hoses 005.jpg
    Core Support and steering hoses 005.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 433
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Radiator and fan pics

I've finally got my rad. and fan mounted. I had to cut the core support the width of the rad. Then I welded 3/4" x 1 1/2" box tubing to the upper support with a 3/4" spacer under the top lip and another piece of the tubing one on the bottom rail. Then I had to make a recess in the top for the upper mounts by cutting it and welding in a 1/4" piece to bolt through. I made the lower mounts out of 3/16" plate and used stock mounts for upper and lower. The elec. fan is out of a Chrysler car, it has a 19" fan blade and will suck a buisness card to the front of the grill with out the hood on it. The mount and shoud is made out of 16 gauge steel.

Attachments

• Gas Tank and Radiatior 014.jpg
    Gas Tank and Radiatior 014.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 485
  • Gas Tank and Radiatior 062.jpg
    Gas Tank and Radiatior 062.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 430
  • Gas Tank and Radiatior 061.jpg
    Gas Tank and Radiatior 061.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 545
  • Gas Tank and Radiatior 040.jpg
    Gas Tank and Radiatior 040.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 375
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Saginaw pump is mounted and the hydroboost lines all built. I had a local hydrolic shop build them. I also added a power steering cooler in front of the radiator, it's a 1 1/2" x 18" frame cooler. It's a 2 pass cooler, it should help temps stay down.

The gas tank mount and skid plate is done also. I made the template and had the local steel yard bend it for me. It's 1/4" plate with 3/8" bolts to hold it in place mounted into the crossmember and the rear body lift mount that extends across the back.

Attachments

• Gas Tank and Radiatior 066.jpg
    Gas Tank and Radiatior 066.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 394
  • Gas Tank and Radiatior 028.jpg
    Gas Tank and Radiatior 028.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 393
  • Gas Tank and Radiatior 033.jpg
    Gas Tank and Radiatior 033.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Gas Tank and Radiatior 049.jpg
    Gas Tank and Radiatior 049.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I've finished my rear shock mounts and mounted my front shocks. I kinda copied off of the Cage design with my own modifications.

Attachments

• shock mounts and exhaust 011.jpg
    shock mounts and exhaust 011.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 594
  • shock mounts and exhaust 001.jpg
    shock mounts and exhaust 001.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 532
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Thats what it is all about, I'm on here finding out all kinds of stuff. I have found the best way is to do alot of searching, somebody has already done it. Then you modifiy from that to make it work. Thats why I started out with a frame, tub and another very rusted out tub/body. From there I bought the peices that I want or need.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Exhaust done, (2) 2 1/2" in to (1) 3" with a Magnaflow muffler. All tucked up neatly, but tightly out of the way. I love the way it sounds, very nice low rumble at idle, but sounds awsome when you get on it.

Attachments

• shock mounts and exhaust 011.jpg
    shock mounts and exhaust 011.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 510
  • shock mounts and exhaust 009.jpg
    shock mounts and exhaust 009.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 484
  • shock mounts and exhaust 007.jpg
    shock mounts and exhaust 007.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 445
  • shock mounts and exhaust 003.jpg
    shock mounts and exhaust 003.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 556
  • shock mounts and exhaust 014.jpg
    shock mounts and exhaust 014.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 498
  • shock mounts and exhaust 005.jpg
    shock mounts and exhaust 005.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 486
  • shock mounts and exhaust 002.jpg
    shock mounts and exhaust 002.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 524
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I have been busy building my dash and wiring the Bronco. We had another truck we had to do a motor swap and changed the front clip on so that delayed me alittle. Here some pics of the dash and the AutoMeter gauges. The fuse panel I bought is a pain in the A$$. The line lock, rock lights, fan, lights, gauges and igniton are all wired. Wipers are going to have to wait till the windsheild is done. Heater and radio to go along with a couple of loose ends.

David

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Here's some pics, I have to download them from work. Since I switch to DSL at home I can't upload pics?

Attachments

• DASH PICS 067.jpg
    DASH PICS 067.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 559
  • DASH PICS 070.jpg
    DASH PICS 070.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 441
  • DASH PICS 075.jpg
    DASH PICS 075.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 592
  • DASH PICS 078.jpg
    DASH PICS 078.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 554
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Building bumpers and rock guards, pics coming. I swapped out the drums for the rear disks. I used the '73 Impala calipers and the weld on brackets, pics of it coming also.

David

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
Dude, your my hero! I haven't seen your thread before. Great Job!
Can't wait to see pictures of it going down the road!

BooRae

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
crewdg, I'll be at OCBR with it. Right out of the box, I'll have one trip out with it on the 15th.

BooRae, You'll have to see pics, or make a road trip, OCBR is awesome but a long trip. You'd have the IRON BUT award for sure.

Thanks for all the comments, I'll get some pics of the bumpers we are building. The cage should be in to day, I didn't have time or the bender to do it myself. I found one that I almost can say I fell in love with so I just bought it, even thought its against my religion.

David

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Love the dash, clean and easy to work on compared to the head smacking upside down yoga I have to do.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Cool dash. What are those fasteners holding it on?

ARP 12 point stainless 1/4" 20 bolts, valve cover bolts that were too short.

Thanks for the compliments, I have been too busy working on the bumpers and rear brakes to get pics. The dash is complete now but I haven't painted any of the rest of it. I'll get some tomorrow and post them.

David

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
SpareParts - EB is looking great.........can't wait to see it at OCBR. Is it painted yet?

Make sure we meet.....I should be around the registration/tent area here and there and I will MC'ing the raffle.

Dale