• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Fitech or Sniper question

tampabronco

Looking at an EFI upgrade on my 76 stock 302 as my winter project but had a few questions.

1. Any advantage to using one over the other?

2. If I have to change intake will that change the height? Can I still use my stock hood?

3. I have dual tanks and how much new plumbing will I have to do?

4. IS it worth it?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Eoth

Bronco Guru
1: I run Fitech but I do not think there is a clear advantage from one to another. Fitech is a little less expensive and has been at it longer than Sniper. Holley has a legendary history with fuel systems and generally really good customer support.

2: Fitech will work with stock hood without modification,

3: Not sure, I have single tank

4: For me, yes it was worth it. If course the interweb is filled with stories of regret for both systems.

Amac70

ME
first reply did not go through so bit shorter, if you fit before it should fit after, unless you get a tall intake like an air gap rpm, (i run this with a 1" spacer, if i didn't have a body lift and hood with a scoop the throttle body would stick out of the hood. plan on replacing your whole fuel system, plan it out ahead of time. holley just came out with an ignition system for the sniper, like this week. it make setting up the ignitions stupid simple, like drop in distributor where ever throw there alignment tool on and make a mark and your done.

Kevinehill

Loc.
Central Point
FiTech Install

I am currently putting int he FiTech 600 into my 1970 with 302. I replaced the stock 2 bbl intake with an EDELBROCK PERFORMER INTAKE MANIFOLD and it fits under the hood fine with the original air filter off to the side. I installed the FiTech G-Surge which gets fuel from the standard pump. I have the fuel return to my back (main) (23 Gal) tank. I will use the main tank until it is 1/2 full or less, then switch to the aux. tank. Excess fuel will go to the main tank and I can switch back to it when the aux tank gets low. Just have to be sure to use the main take first or I could lose gas.
Mostly done with install, but I have to figure out how to drill the hole in the exhaust - no body lift and no suspension lift so it is a little tight.

Kevin

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Looking at an EFI upgrade on my 76 stock 302 as my winter project but had a few questions.

1. Any advantage to using one over the other?

2. If I have to change intake will that change the height? Can I still use my stock hood?

3. I have dual tanks and how much new plumbing will I have to do?

4. IS it worth it?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

You shouldn't have to change your intake manifold. Both brands offer a nice 2 barrel version. Fitech claims their 2 barrel model will support 400 horsepower, and Holley claims 350 horsepower in theirs.
Either way, it will be more than enough for your 302.

With dual tanks you have several options:
-Both manual and electric valves are available with enough ports for that.
-There are reservoir type arrangements that let you retain your stock fuel pump.
-You could add an electric fuel pump between tanks so one tank could be used to refill the other.

OP
OP
tampabronco

tampabronco

blubuckaroo- good input

thanks-I plan on using an electric pump

You shouldn't have to change your intake manifold. Both brands offer a nice 2 barrel version. Fitech claims their 2 barrel model will support 400 horsepower, and Holley claims 350 horsepower in theirs.
Either way, it will be more than enough for your 302.

With dual tanks you have several options:
-Both manual and electric valves are available with enough ports for that.
-There are reservoir type arrangements that let you retain your stock fuel pump.
-You could add an electric fuel pump between tanks so one tank could be used to refill the other.