• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

67 and 69 merge

Dixieland

So recently my father bought two broncos for us to work on. One is a 1967 bronco and the other is a 1969, both were originally a 6 cyl engine. However we have a 351 from a later date. How could you implant the 8 cyl if possible into the 1967 or 69? Also if we put the body of the 69 that should be fine correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
You would need v8 motor mounts likely as a minimum. Got matching titles to the 2 frames??

I think you could swap bodies with no major issues.

What is your intended use??? Street, off road, rock crawling???

Just MY opinions.

OP
OP
D

Dixieland

You would need v8 motor mounts likely as a minimum. Got matching titles to the 2 frames??

I think you could swap bodies with no major issues.

What is your intended use??? Street, off road, rock crawling???

Just MY opinions.

Intended use is street but we want off roaring capabilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's a page with a few 6-to-8 swap items: WH Shameless Plug! that can get you started at least.

The frames were basically the same in this regard, so it does not matter which one gets swapped. If one is in better shape than the other, then that can be your starting point.
As mentioned, if you have correct titles to both, then again, either one can be used.

The bodies will swap directly from one to the other. I don't think the '67 has the decal, but the '69 will have some VIN info on the driver's B-pillar I do believe. Unless it was painted over.
I forget which year got the full info decals, but I know the '68 only had a basic detail, and pretty sure '70 got the full Monte. Maybe '69 did too?

Of course, the decal can be removed/replaced, and the warranty plate on the glove box door should stay with the frame, but that gets you most of what you need.

Paul

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, if you become a contributor to the site for $12 a year you can easily post pictures of the 2 Broncos.
Since you have 2 Broncos and 2 titles I would think about 2 projects.
Work on the better one with the idea of saving the other one at a later date.
Get the catalogs from the vendors on the site and be amazed by all the replacement parts available. Everything from brake parts to body tubs.
You can shop for parts on this site. If you want to sell extra parts you can also do that on this site. Good luck

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
You can swap most parts from bronco to bronco no matter the year. The only part you would have an issue with is the doors. The strikers and latches on the 67 are different than the 69. Just about everything else should swap over. My 67 is a mixture of a lot of years, its a 67 frame, body and engine, but has a 77 front axle, 77 power steering, it had a 73 hard top on it at one time, has rear springs form a 77 and drive shafts from a 71. And a lot of other little parts that are not from 67.