• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

stray wire

gick70

I have a 1967 wiring harness with a stray wire,cannot find on diagram, it is yellow with a brown stripe,any help?? Dave,early xmas present??

OP
OP
gick70

gick70

it shows continuity at flasher,could this be back up lights???

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
No yellow-brown wire I see. Color might be faded. Which flasher, turn or hazard? Do you know which terminal?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
flasher has nothing to do with back up lights most likely its a turn signal wire I dont have a 67 diagram but the colors stayed pretty close to the same throughout the years are you sure the stripe is brown? LH turn signal is yellow with a black stripe.

OP
OP
gick70

gick70

orange with yellow stripe wire,turn signal flasher shows continuity!!!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
There may be 2 orange-yellow wires. Both go to the turn signal flasher. One comes from fusebox to power the turn flasher and turn lights. The other goes to the backup light switch connector to power the backup lights. Both are connected near the flasher.

OP
OP
gick70

gick70

I am still looking for the yellow with brown stripe wire.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
You need to provide us with some more info so we can help out!

What is not working properly on your Bronco? Where are the ends of the wire? When does it have power?

I have a 76, just tore the dash out today and played around with a bunch of wires, no yellow with brown stripe that I remember!

OP
OP
gick70

gick70

wire harness is on workbench,powder coating dash and going over dash and wiring,found continuity between fuse block and turn signal flasher side. Sticks out of the middle of harness as a yellow with brown stripe.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
no yellow brown on diagram. did you see where was it connected when the harness was removed or was it dangling? where does the other end of yellow brown go? to a connector? don't worry about it until the harness is installed and everything reconnected then look for something nearby that's not connected and not working. don't let it drive you nuts.

OP
OP
gick70

gick70

I have pics to send but need someone to post them,send me a e-mail

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I got the pic. Looks yellow-brown. I still can't find any reference for it though. You need to see where the other end goes.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 44

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Radio power wire. Should be yellow-black according to Ford.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Viper solves another one! Gick really owes you for this one, he'd have been driving down the road not able to listen to his favorite tunes on the AM radio! :)