• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO Ford Disc brake parts for Dana 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Looking for ford disc brake parts for Dana 44 - prefer F150 knuckles, spindles, brake brackets

vintage bronco

I have brand new slotted / dimpled rotors, T-Bird Calipers [ Rebuilt ready to install ] and Matching Disc Pads all new ready to do but for 76/77 Bronco Disc Set up.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
I have brand new slotted / dimpled rotors, T-Bird Calipers [ Rebuilt ready to install ] and Matching Disc Pads all new ready to do but for 76/77 Bronco Disc Set up.

I appreciate it but really would prefer the big bronco/ f150

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I have the brake brackets if you want them. Free You really need the knuckle I dont have another f150 set.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
I have the brake brackets if you want them. Free You really need the knuckle I dont have another f150 set.

Crap. Just bought some caliber brackets. I need the knuckles, hubs and spindles as well. Appreciate it

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Crap. Just bought some caliber brackets. I need the knuckles, hubs and spindles as well. Appreciate it

I got hubs and spindles too but that is pretty easy stuff to get. Those parts are the same as used in the 76 /77 disk brake axles. The spindles I got I didn't want to run. Again. free if you want them. I got shit everywhere. But I would buy those new. The 150 knuckles are the hard part. Last pair I found was at Super celebration 3 years ago. Bought them on site. 80 dollars. There is always the Reed knuckles. I run a set of those on the race bronco. Stronger than you need and a set will run you 500 dollars but no more worries and they will fit the big axles thru them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
I got hubs and spindles too but that is pretty easy stuff to get. Those parts are the same as used in the 76 /77 disk brake axles. The spindles I got I didn't want to run. Again. free if you want them. I got shit everywhere. But I would buy those new. The 150 knuckles are the hard part. Last pair I found was at Super celebration 3 years ago. Bought them on site. 80 dollars. There is always the Reed knuckles. I run a set of those on the race bronco. Stronger than you need and a set will run you 500 dollars but no more worries and they will fit the big axles thru them.

Will do, I had planned to buy new spindles, as you said the knuckles are the tough part. There are a few sets on eBay but I have been looking at the Reid’s as well.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
If I was going to buy new knuckles I would buy the Duff knuckles, they are based on the late '70s F150 Super Cab knuckles, cast of better metal and have a 3/4 inch hole in the steering arm instead of a tapered hole - so TRO or TRU works, just use the tapered insert or stud of your choice.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
If I was going to buy new knuckles I would buy the Duff knuckles, they are based on the late '70s F150 Super Cab knuckles, cast of better metal and have a 3/4 inch hole in the steering arm instead of a tapered hole - so TRO or TRU works, just use the tapered insert or stud of your choice.

That would nice, I will take a look at them. I think I have a line on two sets of knuckles and other bits. Hopefully works out as I would like spares.

Thanks for the suggestions and links!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a set of supercab knuckles I'd let go if you still really need them. They are like the Duff ones, only they're original Ford.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
I have a set of supercab knuckles I'd let go if you still really need them. They are like the Duff ones, only they're original Ford.

Appreciate it. I might have a line on a full set and will let you know if it falls through.

Status
Not open for further replies.