• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire choices

jmeyer1971

I know this is one of those topics that has been discussed before but I am about to purchase new tires and I was considering the Micky t Baja claw. I won't be doing any off roading mainly just riding around town. That being said I would like decent driveability at speeds around 60. I am looking for a 35x12.50x17 (because I already have the rims) any input is appreciated.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
For your purpose the tire to compare all others to is the BFG AT
Classic looks, lasts a long time, drives well on the street and highway......

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
BFG AT are one of the best all around tires... Don't think I'd go for the Claws if you aren't going off road

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
BFG AT KO2 would be my choice for the intended use as well. They have a 34X10.5 17 that seems like it would fit the bill for your needs. Almost as tall as a 35 and not as wide. I've had a couple of sets and like them on the highway and they work pretty well off road too. One off the guys I wheel with uses a set on his JK and really likes them.
Mark.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I like the Goodyear Duratracs. A bit more aggressive than the KO2s but still a very good road tire.

JSBX

Contributor
I like the Goodyear Duratracs. A bit more aggressive than the KO2s but still a very good road tire.

I am running the Duratracs on my street rig. They are not a full on mud tire but are aggressive enough if you ever decide to go offroad. fairly quite and are 50,000+ mile tire.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I like a gnarly looking tire on a 4 wheel drive. The BFG KM2 fits that bill and aren't supposed to be real noisy. Besides a little growl doesn't sound bad on a Bronco. I just ordered a set for mine. Ken

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I've had BFGs for the longest. I've recently gone from 33x12.5 to 31x10.5, not particular reason. I just wanted a smaller tire and less rubbing against the front fenders.

NC_Pinz

I am running the Duratracs on my street rig. They are not a full on mud tire but are aggressive enough if you ever decide to go offroad. fairly quite and are 50,000+ mile tire.

Same here.

CA_bronco

Contributor
I just put on some cepek fun countrys in 33x12.50 I like them so far...unsure about there long term durability...under $200 each at summit

Attachments

• 20170923_121323.jpg
    20170923_121323.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 29

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Baja Claws are a very aggressive mud terrain. I don't know that you'd be happy with that. Toyo MT's are a respectively quite mud tire and Nitto has some good stuff out as well. But as others have said, BFG's are very hard to beat! Even their MT would be good if you want aggressive.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I've been running the Goodyear fierce Mt on my jks now for years. Love them, aggressive, but wear even and like iron. Great at highway speeds, in mud, snow, rain and ice. I get 60k out of them and a bronco is similar in weight, should produce similar results. If they made it in a 31x10.50x15 I'd have them on the Bronco. They make it ton of 17" sizes though. Just a different option for you to look into.

Last edited: