• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Success

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Not suer Franko. I now have the overdrive 4r70w in the bronco. "thanks Pal"
so I can run the interstate if I have to. But I would rather do the back roads. I like looking at this great country. I will have to sit down and map it out. Still don't have a place to stay nailed down yet. But I'm not worrying about that yet. Could just put it on the trailer and bring it and my sweetie cakes. Do as many event runs as I can get in. Also I don't think it gets more action packed than the last attempt.

ANYTIME !

Same boat ... no clue at this point what day I am going to fire what up and hit 75 north ! also nothing booked yet .... heck I think I wana stay in Maryville ( strait short drive to Townsend and probably cheaper then Gatlinburg )
The +40 min drive. at least couple times a day from Gatlinburg to Townsend gets very old after the 2nd day , especially after few drinks w.nasty fog, wet roads at 11pm is crazy scary ...and next thing you know you made a wrong turn and you at summit elev 5050 in NC ! ( know the sign well ) lol

I know I know you locals are going to scream now ... " the short tunnel w. the full 360 left turn serpentine after is a dead giveaway that you are on the wrong road" ... but its only 2 miles from the summit so why stop now !?!?!
what can I say, I am committed and no explanations needed when you get home at 2am w. a pic of the TN / NC sign ! lol