• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

F8 LUBR Build Thread

Audifan

Contributor
Killer choice on interior colors. They look amazing with the green.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
updates.....?
Not enough to warrant a post haha. He was finishing up the harness and then diving into the front end and cooling system. I decided to add a Hellwig 7867 sway bar so still waiting on that to arrive. Hope to have an update next week

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Slow progress lately as my fabricator had 2 major projects he needed to complete before focusing on mine again but things are rolling again:

UbruQJN.jpg

This Mustang is now in my spot getting the finishing touches

xpJ1uwM.jpg

Cloudy skies but a little better shot of the tailgate. When I get it home Im chopping off the exhaust and dumping it after the axle:

BaAHK2T.jpg

Got the fittings and hoses run for the astroboost, Wilwood proportioning valve, new heater hoses, new distributor, new coil, rebuilt power steering box, new alternator, new Bosch Premium side terminal battery, tray, new belts, and redid the transmission cooling lines:

VOR18MV.jpg

Lim3tSp.jpg

Power steering rebuild is done:

KvBp75k.jpg

Rebuilt the freshly painted column with a new turn signal switch, wiring, shift indicator and shift handle. Painted the lower half black that shows in the engine bay:

vVLKvUA.jpg

Dash harness is all mocked up and ready to install:

6ZGIjiO.jpg

x1FMemH.jpg

Hellwig sway bar ready to go in

Fvnqqm2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Rebuilding the carb:

jgc1eMl.jpg

Got the new fan shroud in and replaced the crank pulley for better fitment:

gdwczm3.jpg

Speaker wires were ran under the body and come into the rear quarters. Amp wiring comes in under the passenger seat box and back out under the body as well:

hw2bo3S.jpg

Final hydroboost fittings and lines run. Painted the bracket and cylinder black:

rIUl3el.jpg

BDAPMRo.jpg

Dash is in!

qFepFLX.jpg

Got the plate all mounted up and wired with the new backup camera:

gQgmWtZ.jpg

But I lost my front end

Jhkr8kp.jpg

123RLBi.jpg

New C bushings, degree'd radius arm bushings, and custom bump stops. Painted the Dana 44, radius arms and driveshaft:

tYGfvPG.jpg

Got the Hellwig 7867 sway bar in and the end links are about 9" long. Contacted Hellwig and they are sending me 4" longer end links since the bar isn't parallel even with the tires on the ground:

idlZTso.jpg

Got into the Dana 20 and found the cable gear clip inside the output shaft housing. I dont know how that happened but it mangled my speedo cable. That wasn't the only casualty, it got my output shaft gear as well:

lPKvdln.jpg

After calling every vendor and confusing several parts suppliers I realized this gear is some what of a unicorn. Luckily Shane at Toms found one and its on its way to me as well as a 16 tooth speedo gear:

eHLoCxw.jpg

Last week I drove the Hellcat to Midland, TX and traded it in on a 6.2L Raptor. I now have my prerunner/tow vehicle and I plan on taking it to Baja:

YIO8wc2.jpg

KwNJQfV.jpg

Last edited:

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm kinda sad to see the hellcat go :( but youre making good progress on the bronco and raptors are pretty kick ass so youre still winning!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Geniusloerts

Just read back through the whole tread during lunch. Haha. How are you attaching your windshield frame to the cowl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
damn son..i was hoping to see it top out...my 08 RT challenger tops out at 145 before the CP shuts it down.... where does that thing end?
My buddy did 201 in his but Ive seen guys hit 208 in the Charger. Havent seen a Challenger crack 200 yet. It crawls from 185 and up. I hit 196 on the dyno

ypJvfat.jpg

Just read back through the whole tread during lunch. Haha. How are you attaching your windshield frame to the cowl?
It is not welded so just bolting it down through the stock hinge and a rubber gasket in between. Then securing that to the cage with some heim joints.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I was in the middle of a mid perch suspension mod on the Raptor when the Bronco builder invited us out to see the progress and knock out some of the easier stuff we didn't want to pay him to do. Their first meeting:

00gPUSs.jpg

Wires have been run to every corner and ready for lights:

KyEfgLU.jpg

P1ToETj.jpg

Drained the oil and filled back up with Valvoline VR1 10W30. Front driveshaft went back in and painted the calipers:

5gLrGit.jpgp

Hellwig Sway Bar with the longer end links. Stock Y linkage still on. Waiting for an alignment to order the Heim steering because our measurements are still not matching what Duff says they should be:

kYbWBZK.jpg

Speaker and amp wiring goes under the tub and in through the backside of the passenger seat where the amp mounts:

vxhH4Yt.jpg

New auxiliary fuel neck that is welded to the body and coated in Second Skin:

cBKzR3J.jpg

American Autowire fuse block in the glovebox:

UVg93vD.jpg

Door pins painted and ready to install:

Gnu5oh6.jpg

Back on the ground to install the taillights and turn signals

ggrpwWv.jpg

Alice mod turn signals

FcYSeWS.jpg

Decided to go without taillight bezels. Also notice the trailer wiring tucked up on the frame. I doubt we ever tow with it but we can if we want to!

3df9gt8.jpg

Dash is basically done. Just need to slide the stereo in, glovebox door and steering column. Then its ready for coolant, bleed the brakes and its ready to fire up!

0mVSRYc.jpg

Last edited:

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
looks good jeff... good call on the bezels...I think it would look to "busy" with those on there. Looks clean!