• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock steel wheels

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Thanks everyone. But I’m afraid if I go any wider or with a different offset they will rub the tie rod. There’s maybe a quarter inch of room there now with the stock wheels that I’m borrowing off of my ‘77. You can’t even put a wheel weight on the inside or it will hit

I would use balance beads instead of wheel weights so you won't have to hammer those wheel weights on you new wheels. Ken

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

Hey tugross 302 dig them 16" out of the junk pile and I will buy them from you!

I just ran out to the shop that did my sand blasting. I found 1 of the 16” wheels that I threw away a year and a half ago. He must’ve already scrapped the other three

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought my balance beads from local tire dealer Les Scwab. 8 oz per wheel for 315/75 R16 tires. May need less with smaller tires.

77BRONKOTN

1977 here.

The tie rod will knock off the wheel weight, with 15x7- 3.75 BS.

I run 16X7- 4.5 BS , 2004-06 Ford E150 Steel Van wheels with no problems,no spacers. You have to devise your own hubcap or run the pop on lugnut ones. Id almost bet the would fit under an uncut truck.