• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Clocking" C6/205

mountainview68

Loc.
yet to be determined
Can someone help me out with a little info on this. I have a C6 with the 8 3/4" adapter and I am going to mate it to a 205. I have heard people say you need to clock the transfer case to raise up the front output. This will allow the t case to be parallel to the frame with about a 1/4" clearance. I thought that there was a pin that was on the adapter that lined up with the t case so you can only mount it in a certain position. Do you need to buy a special adapter or something???

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I don't have one to look at to verify how hard it is to do but the adapter is round which makes it relatively easy to clock. I think the biggest issue will be getting it adjusted so the front driveline will clear. We tried to put one in with the short adapter and pulled it back out because the driveline was hitting the tranny.

mudford

Loc.
Midland, MI
Hey saddleup, did the cv hit the edge of the trans pan? I pulled one out of an F-150 with the short adapter. It didn't have a cv joint and it worked. I have it sitting in my bronco now, with no driveshaft. I just wondered if you thought it would work ok with a regular driveshaft (no cv)? You seem to know alot about c-6's and 205's so I thought I'd see what you think.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
mudford said:
Hey saddleup, did the cv hit the edge of the trans pan? I pulled one out of an F-150 with the short adapter. It didn't have a cv joint and it worked. I have it sitting in my bronco now, with no driveshaft. I just wondered if you thought it would work ok with a regular driveshaft (no cv)? You seem to know alot about c-6's and 205's so I thought I'd see what you think.
Yes, I think it would work without the cv. To run without the CV though you need to rotate the housing down to get the right driveline angles.