• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 73' Sport Not Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Dang that is nice. Rare color, and original. Wonder if it is as rust free as I picture it in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
I love the old man, old school garbage bag hooked to the lighter. My grandpa always had one on his dash from the oil change joint. Of course he called it getting a “grease job” , remember a few Saturday mornings with him doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

House

Minutia Militia
I like it.
A dream of mine would be this truck but 6 years older...

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It looks like the real deal. The drip rail trim on a Sport after '71 is very rare unless its a Baja. Very very nice and a nice color....

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a nice Bronco, looks well taken care of, don't see many like this one anymore

rockinrich

Contributor
Hey guys let me ask you a question about this vehicle,what exactly makes it a 50,000 vehicle?The reason i'm asking is my 74 is very similar to it as far as mileage when i bought it and is close to the same now and right now it is pretty stock,it has 3 on the tree,302 v-8,i did just pull out the carpet but it was not original,it's not a sport i don't believe as it doesnt have the badge on the side of the truck it just says bronco but it does have some chrome stripping just not as much as this vehicle and is pretty rust free except for some on floor pans but overall that's about it.looking at the vin it starts with u 15 also so is that what makes it valuable? Thanks for any info! rich

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Hey guys let me ask you a question about this vehicle,what exactly makes it a 50,000 vehicle?The reason i'm asking is my 74 is very similar to it as far as mileage when i bought it and is close to the same now and right now it is pretty stock,it has 3 on the tree,302 v-8,i did just pull out the carpet but it was not original,it's not a sport i don't believe as it doesnt have the badge on the side of the truck it just says bronco but it does have some chrome stripping just not as much as this vehicle and is pretty rust free except for some on floor pans but overall that's about it.looking at the vin it starts with u 15 also so is that what makes it valuable? Thanks for any info! rich

the only person saying its a 50k vehicle is the seller. I'd like to know if the seller is indeed the 'original owner' as often times people buy from original owners and still claim they are one-owner vehicles. The floor mat looks to be original so I'd like to see what's underneath it...if that floor mat has been in place for 45 years, I doubt the metal underneath is pristine...unless it's been in that garage all 45 of those years! ;D

jcb9089

I know this bronco and the owner...very nice older gentleman. It was garage kept and he rarely used. About 10 years ago I stopped by to look at his son's bronco that was sitting next to the garage and asked if for sale. It was setup as a race bronco so I passed. He then showed me this bronco and I couldn't believe how good it looked.

He gave me a price of $12k back then but I didn't pull the trigger. When I went back to purchase a few years later, price had gone to $25K. The next time I saw him, he didn't want to sell anymore. Think he got tired of all the requests.

It is rust free and extremely nice. Wouldn't be surprised if it sold for full asking price.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/73-bronco-sport-holy-grail/6737986953.html

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I know this bronco and the owner...very nice older gentleman. It was garage kept and he rarely used. About 10 years ago I stopped by to look at his son's bronco that was sitting next to the garage and asked if for sale. It was setup as a race bronco so I passed. He then showed me this bronco and I couldn't believe how good it looked.

He gave me a price of $12k back then but I didn't pull the trigger. When I went back to purchase a few years later, price had gone to $25K. The next time I saw him, he didn't want to sell anymore. Think he got tired of all the requests.

It is rust free and extremely nice. Wouldn't be surprised if it sold for full asking price.

In that case it will definitely sell for asking, if it hasn't already

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

Thanks for chiming in and posting the new link!

rockinrich

Contributor
so does u15 basically mean it's a hardtop? Is there anything else to it?

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
U15 = wagon/full hard top, all years
U14 = half cab/pickup, 66-72
U13 = roadster - no doors/top, 66-68

rockinrich

Contributor
the only person saying its a 50k vehicle is the seller. I'd like to know if the seller is indeed the 'original owner' as often times people buy from original owners and still claim they are one-owner vehicles. The floor mat looks to be original so I'd like to see what's underneath it...if that floor mat has been in place for 45 years, I doubt the metal underneath is pristine...unless it's been in that garage all 45 of those years! ;D

Thank you sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.