• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Beware of this scam!

Ttime

I knew when I saw the listing it was a scam simply because I remember seeing this Bronco somewhere else and it is a high dollar restoration. But for fun I sent a message and got an email reply back that I will post below.

Here is the original listing

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1973/ford/bronco/100971032

Several tip-offs for newer buyers who might get Scammed by these type of listings. No phone # in the listing. Listing says it is from Mission Viejo, CA but in one pic you can see a Texas front license plate and in the email they say they are in Florida. Way too brief of a description. More obvious is the email I received in which they claim to be a dealer but do not provide their website, exact address or phone #. Other obvious signs in the email with poor English and unrealistic promises of money back guarantees etc....

The only smart thing this scammer has done is that the price, while way too low for this particular Bronco, is not ridiculously low so some people would just think it might be a good deal.

I am posting this to try and prevent someone from getting ripped off...

Auto Trader Classics is terrible and has a ton of scam postings all the time...they are also slow to remove them even after I have notified them.

BEWARE of the SCAMMERS!!!

Here was email reply I got:

Hi,

It's Julia, the Sales Manager with A & R Auto in Margate, FL, getting back to you on the 1973 Ford Bronco that we are selling for $27000.

Vehicle sells with 10 Days Buy Back Guarantee, this means that if the car is not as described you can reject it and have the funds back at no cost to you. The price doesn't include tax title in your state, you don't have to pay any fees in FL. For this price you get the car and the title you will have to pay tax title in the state you will register the vehicle. The price includes dealer plates, insurance, for the 10 days buy back guarantee period.

I'll be happy to provide additional info and photos, feel free to get back.

Thank you

Julia Ginel
A & R Auto
Margate, FL 33063

OP
OP
T

Ttime

Got reply today with a phone #. Called it and got voicemail. I did not leave message but she called back with a heavy foreign accent. I asked where it was located and told her I will be in the area tomorrow ( Ok, I lied). She said she had 2 offers and it would probably not be available tomorrow. I asked for the address and she hung up on me. This is typical as they are hoping to get people from out of state who will just wire money. BEWARE!!!!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Yeah it seems all the sites that used to be beneficial to individual car buyers and sellers have become just another avenue for dealers and scammers...at least craigslist still puts up a fight, probably because they're not in it for the advertising $$$

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
has a cage but don't see a crossbar in the front to tie it together . odd

pipeline010

this is a VERY good scammer. They are getting smarter.

I spent months searching for my Truck, learned tons of tricks to look out for this....I just tried all my moves on this listing and came up empty.

My number one check is to always use chrome as a browser, pick a prominent pic, right-click, and press "Search Google for Image." You can usually return the ACTUAL listing from out there on the internet.

This is from a listing that's at least 3-4 years old, old enough that the images have been expunged from whatever the sale site was. I can't find the original listing, which is rare for me.

Oddly enough, the only link I did find was a discussion thread from everyone's favorite bronco board where a member was thinking of coloring their truck ginger...this was 2015.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250622

Skiddy

Bronco Guru

I spent months searching for my Truck, learned tons of tricks to look out for this....I just tried all my moves on this listing and came up empty.

My number one check is to always use chrome as a browser, pick a prominent pic, right-click, and press "Search Google for Image." You can usually return the ACTUAL listing from out there on the internet.

This is from a listing that's at least 3-4 years old, old enough that the images have been expunged from whatever the sale site was. I can't find the original listing, which is rare for me.

Oddly enough, the only link I did find was a discussion thread from everyone's favorite bronco board where a member was thinking of coloring their truck ginger...this was 2015.

huh never new that, pretty neat:cool:

Revelation

Bronco Guru
OP
OP
T

Ttime

Notified Auto Trader that the ad was a scam days ago and thy have obviously done nothing...losers!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco

If I recall correctly that bronco sold in Texas at a Mecum action 6 or 7 years ago n the new owner joined up here right after the purchase.
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215045