• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has the bronco well dried up?

jonpblewis@yaho

Loc.
San Diego, CA
I was in Etheopia a year ago. That place is full of old land cruisers , rovers and VW busses. The import fees on new cars is so high that they just keep old things running. Thought about buying and shipping them back here. They are cheap over there but I haven't checked into what the shipping whold be. Probably have to disassemble them and stuff as many as possible into a 40' container. Could be a good business.

kens bronco

Loc.
Virginia Beach Va.
Their still out there. I picked mine up for 1800.00 and the wife's for 2200.00 Both have great frames, minimum rust issues. Both needed complete restorations, that I can handle, as long as I have a solid Bronco to start with.
Kenny

fordtruck

Loc.
hardy
I know of 6 within 10 miles of my house. Old man with a garage has 1, been sitting for 20 years going to crap. Says he doesn't need the money..... Other sitting for 7years says he restoring. One over a bank beside creek for 10 years or so, says it's his baby. One a farmer has, bought New and has less than 10,000.No sale

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That is if the owner is not one of those that would rather have it rust away in their yard than see someone else have it.

That's the problem/ \/\

About 2 miles from me here there are at least 6 sitting in various states in a mans yard. He don't do internet but they ain't for sale.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Okay...I'll post some fresh blood to show they're still out there. Check the Member For Sale in a few. Here's a teaser pic of the incredible original floors.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 127

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
My 2nd Favorite to a Bronco was the Land Rover Defender and man has those prices sky rocketed. I wonder if the Bronco will follow suite?

Anyone have one on here or have experience with them?

I've been looking at these recently too. Really digging the 80s era ones. Here in CA they would need smog though and you can't get into a decent stock one for less than $30K :eek:

Check these guys out https://www.coolnvintage.com/

Reminds me of Icon 4x4 style for Rovers

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
So have all the unrestored, inexpensive, basic broncos been found? Has demand surpassed the supply? Seems like the for sale section on this site has gotten cold and craigslist and local papers only have $50,000 trucks or rust piles for $5K. Thanks to the inter net everyone knows what they are worth and everyone thinks they can get $40K because one sold for that a Barrett Jackson. LOL I saw a totally rusted out, non running, no title, POS bronco for sale on craigslist for $7500 and the guy mentioned in the ad that with a little work it could be a $30K rig!! I guess I should consider myself lucky that I have what I have a paid what I did years ago.

I'd have to ask what you'd consider inexpensive?

Let's say a semi- solid rig such as original solid floors, but maybe has a little rocker rust at the bottoms, Inner fenders, door posts and kick panels are clean. No other rust anywhere else, what would you value that with original paint in 7 out of ten condition. Original interior still in an 8 out of ten condition with full ranger panels and headliner.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
"I'd have to ask what you'd consider inexpensive?

Let's say a semi- solid rig such as original solid floors, but maybe has a little rocker rust at the bottoms, Inner fenders, door posts and kick panels are clean. No other rust anywhere else, what would you value that with original paint in 7 out of ten condition. Original interior still in an 8 out of ten condition with full ranger panels and headliner."

I think in the bronco world today inexpensive is under 20K as crazy as it sounds there is very little under that price. It used to be under 10K and when I started messing with broncos it was under 5K. But the days of solid rigs under 10K seem to be over. I know there are a few that guys find them but I used to be able to go to craigslist and get a good running driving bronco that didn't have more rust than clean sheet metal for about 10k.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I know of 6 within 10 miles of my house. Old man with a garage has 1, been sitting for 20 years going to crap. Says he doesn't need the money..... Other sitting for 7years says he restoring. One over a bank beside creek for 10 years or so, says it's his baby. One a farmer has, bought New and has less than 10,000.No sale

they almost never want to rid themselves.. just let it rot

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I just added one of my broncos to the well. I don't need three trucks. And I feel it is fairly priced under 20K!

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Looked at a running and driving '74, Discs PS and Auto for $12k today. Body and paint not great, had some rust issues but not a total rust bucket.

TNcoupe

Ok, here's my theory. 10 years ago a 1955 Thunderbird was $50k restored. Now they can be had for $25k, I gave $13k for mine and it needs work. 10 years ago a 1965 Mustang could be had dirt cheap, now they are $50k . The baby boomers are retiring and have money to spend on the vehicles they wanted as kids. So the price of vehicles from the 50s are going down now that age group has spent their money and the price of vehicles from the 60s are going up now that age group has retirment money to spend. Plus new vehicles have no character. Everything is a bland beige 4 door Camry or mini van that costs $40k. Would you rather spend $40k on an Early Bronco that runs and drives like a new car or a beige Camry???

renrag

Loc.
Eastern Iowa
Ok, here's my theory. 10 years ago a 1955 Thunderbird was $50k restored. Now they can be had for $25k, I gave $13k for mine and it needs work. 10 years ago a 1965 Mustang could be had dirt cheap, now they are $50k . The baby boomers are retiring and have money to spend on the vehicles they wanted as kids. So the price of vehicles from the 50s are going down now that age group has spent their money and the price of vehicles from the 60s are going up now that age group has retirment money to spend.

I agree completely. My father has a '55 Bird that he bought in 1960. We have watched the value rise and fall. The comment about "Everyone wants to have the car they had, or wished they had, in High School" is one I have used for a while.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I agree completely. My father has a '55 Bird that he bought in 1960. We have watched the value rise and fall. The comment about "Everyone wants to have the car they had, or wished they had, in High School" is one I have used for a while.

The problem with that theory is that there are a lot of guys in their thirties buying Broncos.
They weren't even born when the Bronco was in production.

matts460

I was born in 81, but my parents had there 77 bronco untill 84, they sold it and got 79 big bronco and hated it. So in 92 my parents restored a 74 bronco i was about 11-12, i have fond memorys of it, so yes im in my thirtys and my wife and i restored a 77 bronco in 2012 we still got it.