• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Ford Bronco Dune-Duster Show Truck

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Anyone know anything about this truck?

Attachments

• 1966 ford bronco dune-duster show truck sv b&w.jpg
    1966 ford bronco dune-duster show truck sv b&w.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 561

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I have to ask ... where did you find a pic of that ?

Perhaps it is the '' Robin Mobile" ;D

I like the side bars with built in foot well in the door inserts and the inserts are the koolest thing I have seen in a while . I can only imagine that the the side panel is probably wood grained and the roll bar :eek:

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
I don't remember where I found it. I collect pictures of cars. A thread in OTL got me looking through my stash (about 10 gigs). It does look like something Chuck Barris would do. The plastic companion is something you don't see everyday either, at least I don't!! :eek:

JFX

" Bronco Sportsman, a special customized version of Ford Motor Company's new four-wheel-drive vehicle, was a recent attention getter at the 43rd International Auto Show at the Pan Pacific auditorium in Los Angeles,Calif. The utility/sports-type vehicle was designed by Ford's Styling Center in Dearborn, Mich., and the customizing was carried out by Barris Kustom, North Hollywood, Calif. "

- Taken from "Ford Bronco 4X4 Performance Portfolio 1966-1977" page 22

JFX

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
i beleive there is a write-up on that in one of the bronco books i have. well, its actually a collection of old magazine articles. i'll take a look to confirm, but im pretty sure that is the one. the "roll bar" is kind of unique. haven't seen it anywhere else.

jims66

I actually have a 8x10 original glossy and rap sheet of that unit. It is very odd looking.

bane

Loc.
Miami, Fl
weps said:
i beleive there is a write-up on that in one of the bronco books i have. well, its actually a collection of old magazine articles. i'll take a look to confirm, but im pretty sure that is the one. the "roll bar" is kind of unique. haven't seen it anywhere else.

exactly what I was talking about above b/c the performace portfolio is a collection of mag clips

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, yeah...that is the Sportsman I was talking about a few weeks ago when someone asked about the Sportman fender badges that were on e-bay. Don't think they went on this one do you?

Blue71

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D There is a little story in the complete ford book 1970 by petersen publishing co. was 2.00 in 1970:D :D :D Bill :cool: %) :p

66Bronco

I've collected a few pictures of the Bronco too. Ford actually did a press release on the show truck, pictures and all. I Emailed Baris awhile back to see if they knew what happened to the Bronco and got basically "don't know" as a response.

-Terry