• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fj40 guy switching to Bronco

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
One last questions for you guys... is there a tell tale sign when buying a Bronco that should leave me running for the hills? In the FJ world there are some spots that are rust prone and if you didnt know FJ's then you wouldnt know to look there.

Beware of folks with socks n sandals:D

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
One last questions for you guys... is there a tell tale sign when buying a Bronco that should leave me running for the hills? In the FJ world there are some spots that are rust prone and if you didnt know FJ's then you wouldnt know to look there.

Watch out for rubberized undercoating. Been used to hide some bad spots.

matts460

No rust bigger than a quarter usually means no rust bigger than a quarter panel! Couldn't resist family joke between my Dad and his friends from the days of looking at classic cars listed in the local paper for sale.