• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 Front Grille Question - Newbie

Bulldog90

Loc.
Raleigh
After years of corvette restoration I have purchased a 77 that is primed and ready to paint. I am going back with the original blue metallic but I have seen a number of different center grill colors. Other than personal preference is there a correct color? Same white as the top?

Thanks

Geniusloerts

I guess it would depend on if your bronco had one of the option packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Grills were either Wimbledon White, Argent Silver, or satin black depending on the trim level. Sports and Rangers had Argent grills. Base models were white, Special Decors were satin black..... I think Explorers were white.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bulldog90

Loc.
Raleigh
Thank you for the quick responses. I do not know which package it originally came with - based on the links it looks like it may be mid level package. Truck currently has blue carpet, white vinyl seats and the rear vinyl inserts but not wood grain. But without the history who knows - I think I will go with Wimbledon white with the blue metallic

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thank you for the quick responses. I do not know which package it originally came with - based on the links it looks like it may be mid level package. Truck currently has blue carpet, white vinyl seats and the rear vinyl inserts but not wood grain. But without the history who knows - I think I will go with Wimbledon white with the blue metallic

Go with what you want it to look like.... Won't hurt anything :)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Your trim code on your vin badge in the glove box could lend some info.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Does your Bronco have the grille brite trim? If so, stock would have been Argent Silver. If no trim it would have been stock Wimbledon White. (Assuming you do not have a Special Decor Bronco.)

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
Argent is my favorite. Especially on the blue.
But it also dresses up the front on any color.

Attachments

• BBNc8ws.jpg
    BBNc8ws.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 56
  • image-13.jpg
    image-13.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 63
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5329.jpg
    IMG_5329.jpg