• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dark Brown Bronco Seats - Stock or custom options?

ryes

I seem to be coming across more and more broncos with dark brown seats and now I really want to go that direction.

Unfortunately this is likely going to be an expensive option as everything I've seen seems to be custom - any good leads on where they could be purchased? Or does anyone know the best way to do this on the "cheap" as a custom option? I'd prefer the non-stock taller bases.

brown-bronco-seats.png

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Many of the new ones appear to be the Bestop trailmax that have custom upholstery. With that option you can also get their fold and tumble rear seat...their pricing is really good on the seats but the custom upholstery is the high cost. I am going with late model Jeep JK seats because I can get front and back from a 2 door wrangler and then go with a leather upholstery kit from Katzkin or LeatherSeats.com. Cost is about $700 for upholstery kit and then whatever you end up paying for the seats plus you have to modify the seat base to mount it. I don’t know how hard it will be to modify the front seat base but should be doable. I will have about $1500 into my whole setup.

Attachments

• DAE68F9C-A11F-4425-9C0B-5FD0B48AC1B5.jpeg
    DAE68F9C-A11F-4425-9C0B-5FD0B48AC1B5.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 164
  • DAFE44D8-B99A-4C38-A649-FEFF486245E0.jpg
    DAFE44D8-B99A-4C38-A649-FEFF486245E0.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 264
OP
OP
ryes

ryes

Many of the new ones appear to be the Bestop trailmax that have custom upholstery. With that option you can also get their fold and tumble rear seat...their pricing is really good on the seats but the custom upholstery is the high cost. I am going with late model Jeep JK seats because I can get front and back from a 2 door wrangler and then go with a leather upholstery kit from Katzkin or LeatherSeats.com. Cost is about $700 for upholstery kit and then whatever you end up paying for the seats plus you have to modify the seat base to mount it. I don’t know how hard it will be to modify the front seat base but should be doable. I will have about $1500 into my whole setup.

Very helpful, just the info I was looking for!