• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anti-theft - GPS - Kill Switch

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Anything worth a damn is going to require a service plan on an LTE/4g/3g type cell network. It will cost you a monthly fee. A lot of the newer "fleet" trackers go in the OBD port which won't work for an EB of course.

These will allow you to set up geofences to get alerts and live time tracking. They may steal your EB (even on a roll back) but you will have, depending on service, 10sec to 1 min pings, so too easy for police to recover your vehicle with you showing them where it is at....before its stripped...and make arrests.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
chain and paddle lock around steering wheel turned full one way and the clutch pedal. just like army hummer

A/C AL

Tracking Devise

I went with a tracking devise from rmtracking. It has an easy install with a 2 wire connection and has build in battery backup incase the thieves disconnect the battery. The plan I went with was $180.00 for the unit and 3yr/500 locate package for $120.00. You can locate the Bronco any time you want online and also place a geofence around it. Alarms didn't make much sense to me.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I think this tied to the door could be an effective deterent'

Attachments

• booby trap.jpg
    booby trap.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 120

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I'm looking for a gps based tracker of some sort after my brother's BMW was stolen.

But my rig has multiple security pieces for anyone who wants to drive it away. I have 5 switches inside my tuffy console that do different things. My favorite is the one that when turned on - if someone gets in and presses the brake pedal, bright LEDs and some of the outside LEDs flash, and the air horn also goes off. So if they are trying to drive away, everyone and Elvis is going to notice. It looks and sounds like an ambulance when you hit the brakes!

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Oh yeah, in the house we're moving into, I'm getting those LED camera light bulbs that records video, alerts your mobile phone, and let's you have 2 way conversation with whatever Jack Wagon is on your property.

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey,

I vote for an NP435 or T18.

I have heard them called millennial anti-theft devices. Won't help with old farts, though. lol

Jeff

pipeline010

I park my wifes Jeep Patriot behind my truck in the driveway every night. Protect the pretty with the ugly.

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Even a problem away from home. Recently saw wher tow rig with 2 Cameros stolen during show in Pidgeon Forge. Must have wanted the Ford tow truck ! 😂

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I have Ravelco installed. No, it won't help in a tow away but I've researched it and it's reported to be a B--- to uninstall.

http://www.ravelco.com/

It's not 100% but every little bit helps.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
AMERICALOC-GL300 looks like it may be a good way to track a race vehicle. HMMMM

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
I have Ravelco installed. No, it won't help in a tow away but I've researched it and it's reported to be a B--- to uninstall.

http://www.ravelco.com/

It's not 100% but every little bit helps.

I have the ravelco also - great product; definitely they won't be driving away with my EB - plus I'll back it in, set the twin sticks and use GPS. Other than that, if it gets flat-bedded out, then that's what insurance companies are for....

KingR

Contributor
AMERICALOC-GL300 looks like it may be a good way to track a race vehicle. HMMMM

Thought I'd update with some pics of the Americaloc. So far, I like it. I get an email as soon as my truck moves- even if someone climbs on or gets into the vehicle, I get an email saying movement was detected. I've got the email set to give a "pop up" notification on my phone, and I'm looking at how to have that specific email trigger a more noticeable alert than just the email pop up notification, too..
The device doesn't track or come on when the vehicle doesn't detect movement, so when you log in if you want to see where the vehicle was last, it'll show you that, but from what I can tell you can't remotely "wake" the device to get an update (or check battery life). I've had it in the truck for over two weeks now and it's been on 100+ mile weekend trips (Wild Horses Swap trip today!) and "woken up" a few times while messing with the truck. I'm currently at about 50% battery tonight. I've got it set to update every 80 seconds when moving, which says it will give me "average" battery life. This rate is infinitely adjustable and impacts battery as you can imagine, as does the "speed alert" option, which I've had off. You still see vehicle speed at points tracked in the trip data, though, as you can see in the picture. There are also geofencing, "route", and "your places" features that I haven't messed with. I included a close up picture where I showed the precision of the tracking when I parked in a small lot behind a friend's apartment. It maintains this accuracy in my garage.

Attachments

• Screen Shot Bronco Track.jpg
    Screen Shot Bronco Track.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot Bronco Track 2.jpg
    Screen Shot Bronco Track 2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 68

elielizabeth

With my Polaris Ranger recently being stolen from my house, I need to make sure I am on top of anti-theft for when my bronco is back.

Curious what GPS tracking units for bronco people have used and like?

What about kill switches?

Alarm Systems?

Trying to make sure I get it done right the first time and deter as many pos thieves as possible.

Speaking of anti-theft GPS, I just got one-TKSTAR. I have been using it for 2 weeks, with a battery life of 79% and excellent battery life. The power saving mode may allow it to last more than 4 weeks. In my personal experience, it shows the location of the vehicle almost exactly.