• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Official Bronco Sighting Thread - TV or Movies

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
SEMA recap with some show hosts (All Girls Garage host Rachel shown).

IMG_3216 (Large).jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Original Hawaii 5-O from '74. Season 7, episode #7.
Early '66 with hubcaps, square rear bumper, no backup lamps, and PTO winch with shaft through the grille.
Next scene, "same" Bronco on the way from the airport to the ranch. Obviously the continuity folks needed more sleep. Later model (probably a '69), aftermarket wheels, different rear bumper, different trailer hitch, backup lamps, no PTO winch, no Ranch Logo on the doors.

IMG_3203 (Large).jpg IMG_3209 (Large).jpg

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Original Hawaii 5-O from '74. Season 7, episode #7.
Early '66 with hubcaps, square rear bumper, no backup lamps, and PTO winch with shaft through the grille.
Next scene, "same" Bronco on the way from the airport to the ranch. Obviously the continuity folks needed more sleep. Later model (probably a '69), aftermarket wheels, different rear bumper, different trailer hitch, backup lamps, no PTO winch, no Ranch Logo on the doors.

View attachment 441598 View attachment 441599

Paul

Remembering that faintly

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The driver (older brother in the show) was also a very recognizable popular TV star of the seventies as well.
IMG_3207 (Large).jpg
The name is on the tip of my tongue, but can't remember it for some reason.
Didn't watch the show much, but wasn't he on one of the crime-fighting duo shows back then? Reminds me of Starbuck on the original Battlestar Gallactica almost, so I can't clear that out of my head for now.
I'm sure as soon as someone mentions it, it'll be one of those forehead-slappers and a "why couldn't I remember that" things.

Paul

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Just spotted this one in an Otezla ad...
19204e8f7ce2d3e1b691e741c44fc75d.jpg

23a60bc61bdb78c015b2f29b6d53577a.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good guess. But Slowleak got it with Perry King. Couldn't wait for it to just pop in my head in the middle of the night so searched down that episode and got the name.

Had to Wikipidia his name to find the show he used to be on. I must've been thinking of "Riptide" from the '80's. First time I remember though was in the movie Lords of Flatbush with Stallone & Winkler. Same year as this episode of Hawaii 5-0 in fact.
Didn't even remember until I read it, but in recent years I see him repeatedly as the President in the Day After Tomorrow (from '04) which is on all the time these days.

Paul

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
FYI jus so yawl know. I came home the other day n wife had bought all 8 seasons of Barnaby Jones. I can't wait to get knee deep in em;)