• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hood hinge measurement

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
I’ve got a WH fiberglass hood. No marks for drilling hood hinge holes. I don’t want to drill it wrong. Any pics or insight as to how much of the hinge I want showing?

Thanks!

suckerpunched

I think I would bolt the hinges to the body not quite as low as the will go. say 1/8" or 3/16" from bottom. set the hood on it and shim it into alignment and mark hinges and hood for proper location.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I just installed a fiberglass hood and had a lot of "fun" with those hinges. With the hood laying right side up you want the top of the hinge just slightly below the recessed area on the hood. Maybe 1/8 to 1/4" below. You don't want any of the hinge sitting above the hood. It also helps to look at the hinges on the stock hood if you have it. You can always ream the 2 mounting holes open to allow the hood to drop more.

Oh and don't let your slightly intoxicated brother-in-law handle one side while you do the other. Same person does both!!