• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 post lifts

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Several months ago we had a discussion ongoing about Lifts we all wanted. I sure want one b But can see turning loose of that much cash.
Some one else just a few nights ago was on the prowl for a lift.
Tonight while on facebook . a pop up cme along about 2 & 4 post lifts on E-Bay so I clicked on it .. But about the time I'd found what I wanted to read about my computer shut down. So all was lost . I could never find it again .
I think it was a 4 post lift WILDFIRE BRAND. & $3195.00 BUT FREE SHIPPING.
ANYONE heard of this one.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
That Bendpack had a sale price of 1699.00 on an 8000lb lift.
& Looked like they had a location in Texas .
I'd rather have a 10000 or 12K lift . Since I have 2 diesel pickups that I know will wind up on it at some point.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Mr Pitt, Put bendpak in the search box and our discussion on these hoist is the first post. it is under the power steering thread. Ken

Capt.junk&crap

Loc.
Bristol
I bought my 2 post Challenger and 4 post Bend Pak (which is sort of a special boat model, a little more expensive) from Advance Auto. 6k delivered and installed for both. They were the cheapest around for quality lifts. I would check them out. I wanted one made in the USA, but Bend Pak was the only company I could find that made the boat lift. The treads slide to accommodate the trailer. It is made in China. The Challenger is ASSEMBLED in the US. So...

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
FWIW, most modern 3/4 and 1-ton diesel pickups are 7-8K pounds, so a 9k lift should be more than adequate for those uses.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Greg Smith has quality lifts and they have a store just down from you in Austin. 10-12,000 lb seems a little overkill. They have a 9000 lb wide and tall for duallys for $3145 and offer an in-store pick-up discount off that.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Garage-Pro-9-000

I've been looking at a 12k Altas for some time - heard nothing but good things.

I have bought two from Greg Smith, good for the money.

Awesome to hear - as soon as my concrete is dry I'll be giving them a call.

DJs74

Bronco Guru
CARQUEST (Advance now but still CQ to me) sells Rotary lifts - 2 & 4 posts I think. They are good price and CQ will arrange installation by an independent contractor but all for one price.
I just disassembled and reassembled a 2 post version, I think it was a 9K pound model and lifts '97 & '02 F250s, 4 door, both with diesels - no problems
Worth a call if you have a CQ close by

DJs74

igottastanger

I just recently bought a bendpak HD9XW but did look into the wildfire and backyard buddy designs as i liked the accessories they had to offer. Then i started to look in every mechanic shop to see what everyone was running. Bendpak blew them out of the water, it was more expensive with total being $2900 alone, $4200 after install, tax, and service plan. I love it and and would recommend it to anyone, this unit i got is also the biggest they offer that is still portable so i can move around in the shop with ease.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Just as FYI, I have had the Greg Smith first lift for about 7 years and the other about 3. I picked the first one up and the other was delivered by a local rollback company for only $75 and slid it into the garage. Sometimes they have a local contact that will deliver/setup pretty reasonably if you need it.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Wait until Barrett Jackson starts next week and call DCI on their lifts. They usually knock $300-400 off during the show and for the week after so tell them you talked to the guys at the show and wanted the show price:

http://www.dcidirectlift.com/4-Post-Lifts-C13.aspx

DCI Southwest Direct Lift
Division of Doehrman Co.
2324 E. Van Buren St.
Phoenix, AZ 85006
602-252-2968

We bought our 4 post Pro Park 8 Plus around 7 or 8 years ago and have had no issues

Attachments

• IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 2011-10-16 15.43.35.jpg
    2011-10-16 15.43.35.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 93

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wait until Barrett Jackson starts next week and call DCI on their lifts. They usually knock $300-400 off during the show and for the week after so tell them you talked to the guys at the show and wanted the show price:

ALI/ETL Certified !! Nice. Thanks for the tip! Was busy today, will call you tomorrow Jeff to finish up the insurance.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I want I want I want one.
Maybe when Income tax comes in this year.
I've alway thought that the 9000 would be large enough .. But the Guy who comes & Does most of the installs in my area. He says 9000 aren't big enough for my 2500 dodge diesel. Sorry but I'm thinking since mine will get very little time on the rack. Then the 9000 would be enough.
... I want it to put my next Bronco together with .

Casey835

Check out Worth, made in Texas. Two times more stout than the Chinese stuff everybody is selling. I’ve got the 10000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Don't forget get to budget for bridge jacks. I just saw a 4 post that would not be very strong at the point for the bridge jacks, doesn't look it was even designed for a bridge jacks. Just something to keep a eye on for the total package.

They are not hard to install. Make sure you follow the manufacturers directions if you plan on bolting it down. If not you may want to consider getting the wheel kit so you can move it as needed.

I was supposed to pick up a used 4 post last Friday. Had to reschedule for later this week. It will be a little over kill but the price is right. 12,000# challenger alignment rack with dual air bridge jacks.

Btw my PS F250.weights in at 7600#.