• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL 1966 Bronco Halfcab on Ebay

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Not a bad price as long as nothing is hidden. A few non 66 things on there not much though. Mileage wrong because the speedometer has been replaced.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
About two hours away from me. It's a quick drive for someone in Gainesville.
Might want to search users and see if anyone is local to it and/or can hop over and give it a better once over in person.

rmk57

The inner fender aprons look really nice and doesn't look like they've ever been replaced. The bed liner sprayed every where would concern me as to whats hiding underneath.

Jaxgtc

The inner fender aprons look really nice and doesn't look like they've ever been replaced. The bed liner sprayed every where would concern me as to whats hiding underneath.

I think that the bed liner spray goes into the passenger compartment floors too.

Looks like an Earl Scheib paint job, note the overspray on the tailgate hinges, tape job around the light switch on the dash, and overspray on the heater motor. Kind of worry about prep work and what might be underneath that shiny new paint. With the appearance of the engine compartment, this has the potential to be a lipstick on a pig scenario.

At least he has good taste in Football teams. ;-)

Last edited:

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Is there any way to get that stuff off? Can it be media blasted?

In a lot of ways it depends on how long it's been on there, how the surface was prepped, and what product he used.

I've peeled off wally world PO installed bedliners with a scraper (came up in chunks) and I've seen professionally installed Line-X laugh at everything but aircraft stripper and a wire wheel.

You thinking about taking a quick trip over to look at it? That price isn't crazy off if it's rust free in our part of the world. It's got a fair amount of original parts and at least the stuff that's been replaced was done with correct Bronco parts even if they weren't the right years.

Jaxgtc

Its over in Gilchrest, definitely in the woods. The thought has crossed my mind.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Its over in Gilchrest, definitely in the woods. The thought has crossed my mind.

If I had 15k to stash and provided it was in good condition; a buy and replace some with correct 66 parts and you might have a $20k on your hands if you can wait for the right buyer.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
That seems like a smokin' deal. For $13,500 you can buy this or the 1968 "barn find" that is in pieces on another thread.