• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 Engine value

fishinman78

Contributor
I pulled the engine from my 76 build and I am wondering if it has any value.

Both exhaust manifolds are there, oil pan and dipstick, power steering pump with dual groove pulley, alt, distributor with duraspark and wiring harness. I think there is a bit of emission stuff there as well but I believe it has been disabled. Its basically all there.

Looking for opinions and advice. I would like to get it out of the way.

Attachments

• 20180320_223708.jpg
    20180320_223708.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 96

knack

Contributor
I would sure think someone would be interested in it. I don't know what that value would be.

Did it run when you pulled it?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Core value. The extras are worth more than the whole engine. Stock power steering isn't worth much because everyone knows that it isn't a great pump and to get a Saginaw pump instead. Bronco oil pan if in good shape and complete with a good dipstick has some value. The engine itself has very little. Not a desirable year, just a used 70's smog motor. If it were drivable, it would be worth more (next time sell the engine before pulling it). But a big lump on the ground of used engine, I gave $200 for an EFI engine complete with harness and computer. Later I couldn't sell one for that.

The market for this engine right now is limited. You are looking for a Bronco owner who wants a stock, used, unknown 302. That is what the pan and pulleys fit. Someone looking for an engine that low is just trying to keep something alive or get something running again as cheap as possible. That is not a crowd of high spenders. You are looking at $200 tops on a good day. Strip the engine of oil pan and pulley (the Bronco stuff) and it is a $100 engine and a few trinkets for Bronco people.

OP
OP
fishinman78

fishinman78

Contributor
I figured it was just a core. I might throw it on Craigslist for $150.00 and see if I get any biters. It ran but not well.

I really don't want to take it apart and sell individual pieces... but I guess I will if it comes down to that.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, maybe take more close ups and post as an example for everyone to see as a reference, then pull everything off and sell as parts.