• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Advice to Prep For Sale

DuncanR

I'm getting my Bronco ready to sell, but want to spruce it up a bit. The drivers door has given me trouble for the 10 years I've owned it. Meaning, it's practically impossible to hang just right, and close properly, when the top is on. Secondly, the passenger door was modified, by the previous owner, so that there is a gap between the windshield and the door.

Would I be better ditching the doors and top and putting on a soft top and soft doors, or investing the money to correct everything by a pro?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Duncan

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
OK I'll be first to ask: whaddya want for it? ;D

I would not put more money in it to sell, especially when it's been working fine for 10+ years, got any pics? good luck -Jeff

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Your thread reminds me of one of the EBs I bought during my struggling college years. It had no top and no title (just a bill of sale).

No top because, when I installed the top...the doors wouldn't close. I found out later, the frame was not straight and I suddenly realized why it was gaped weird around the hood, doors, and tailgate. And, the kicker...no title, only bill of sale, because when I went to register it...it was salvage title, something the seller lied about.

My recommendation, sell it as is. Post plenty of pics. Be honest with people. Set your bottom line price in your head. Answer any questions as honest as you possibly can. The rest is up to the seller to do their due diligence.

Best of luck, if you do decide to sell.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Your thread reminds me of one of the EBs I bought during my struggling college years. It had no top and no title (just a bill of sale).

No top because, when I installed the top...the doors wouldn't close. I found out later, the frame was not straight and I suddenly realized why it was gaped weird around the hood, doors, and tailgate. And, the kicker...no title, only bill of sale, because when I went to register it...it was salvage title, something the seller lied about.

My recommendation, sell it as is. Post plenty of pics. Be honest with people. Set your bottom line price in your head. Answer any questions as honest as you possibly can. The rest is up to the seller to do their due diligence.

Well here is my comment... Besides the Above ^^^,

Clean the damn thing!

How many Craigslist ads have you looked at where the rig is dirty and you can tell what fast food place the Owner ate at last night?

Clean things up, clean windows, take out your personal items and crap. A little elbow grease will go a long way. Make it look like you care about the rig, that it is not a beater.
Tires have the right air pressure, wipe down the seats, make sure the lights all work, etc.

When I look at a rig, my 1st thoughts are how can I reduce the cost? So stuff that is broken or missing takes money off the top.

There are limits, you cannot polish a turd to be more than a turd, but it does help if you did the best you could with it...

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
People want hard doors and top, soft version will lower value.

Post pictures, how much do you want, better off selling as is???

Last edited:

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, X2, clean it up and take care of the easy stuff. Light bulbs, WD 40 on the squeaks, vacuum out the interior and under the hood.
I might give it an oil and lube so it looks like you take care of it.
No need to buy expensive new things. The prospective buyer may not want a soft top.
The prospective buyer should realize a classic Bronco is not a new car. If people come over and start criticizing everything I would tell them to take a @#$&ing hike and don't waste my time.
Reasonable people can make a buying decision in a civilized way. Big A holes just want to low ball.
Good luck

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Agreed.. throw a soft top on if you want, Just make sure the buyer is aware of everything you know about the rig...

Depending on shape you should still get a decent price these days..

Good luck