• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco I

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
My Bronco is totally legal now except for turn signals, but arm signals been legal since the Model T I’m pretty’s sure, so I drive into town to the local BBQ joint to pick up 2 lbs of pulled pork and a group of millennials in the parking lot say “Hey! Is that a Bronco One?” I said umm sure, but more like a Bronco 1/2, of course they had lost interest by that point, so I didnt bother to explain.

I’m getting old...where the hell did Bronco 1 come from???

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Well thats a new one to me....They have have called it a lot worse......%)

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, my next door neighbor, when he saw me loading up for Super Cel ask "Where are you taking your Jeep?" :eek::(:mad:

pipeline010

My town always has car shows. Latest one was mustangs. They show on the boardwalk then do a caravan through town.

So last Sunday at about 3pm I had roughly 200 mustangs (classic and otherwise) roll by as I was cleaning out the Bronco.

Id say 90% of them stared....
20% of them yelled "nice truck!"
About 10 of them yelled "Nice Jeep!"
0 of them said nice Bronco.

tommyg

Contributor
If somebody gives you a compliment, take it. If a millenial recognized that my truck is a first generation, I'd be impressed. Who gives a crap if he calls it a Bronco I.

First world problems when we are complaining about how someone compliments our ride. somebody says "nice jeep" to me, I'll give them the thumbs up. If you're expecting anyone but the slightest minority to know Broncos, you probably should be driving something different. just my $.02

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
perhaps i worded it wrong, they asked if it was a Bronco 1, I smiled and said 'yep' then turned around and said it's more like a 1/2, because it's half done, but they were no longer interested...I was not complaining

Nothing Special

After getting the "do you have a Bronco II or a full-size Bronco?" question a few too many times, instead of always saying "neither, I have an Early Bronco" every time, I started sometimes answering that I have a Bronco I. I even toyed with the idea of getting that on the spare tire cover. And my kids are millenials, but I'm not.

By the way, now I just answer the question by saying "no, a Bronco."

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The eb is so popular as of late that I have noticed a difference with kids queries today,

They used to say, "Cool Jeep" (no malice, just ignorant)

Then they started saying, "Is that like a real old Bronco?"

Now it is, "Cool that's an old Bronco", "Like the first ones ever, right?"

The smart ass remarks seem to be gone too.

Like, "I'll give you 4 grand for it"

Sounds like millenials are watching Barret Jackson now,
Lol....

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Another recent and pleasant interaction with my eb,

I had a very very friendly middle eastern feller flag me down at the gas station the other day.
He was in a Maserati. He was very polite if not somewhat persistent about buying my eb.

He threw around some large numbers. I begged him to stop. Told him she just isn't for sale but that I would help him find one. I explained the sentimental value mine has. He understood as he had an old school Rover he felt the same way about. He wanted it to have an American Stable mate, lol.

Uber rich guy (I live "near" a very high end side of town) but he was very cool. A good bit older than me. Probably around 60 (I am 48).

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I've actually heard them called Bronco IIs before, so I'll gladly take Bronco I.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
My Bronco is totally legal now except for turn signals, but arm signals been legal since the Model T I’m pretty’s sure, so I drive into town to the local BBQ joint to pick up 2 lbs of pulled pork and a group of millennials in the parking lot say “Hey! Is that a Bronco One?” I said umm sure, but more like a Bronco 1/2, of course they had lost interest by that point, so I didnt bother to explain.

I’m getting old...where the hell did Bronco 1 come from???

^^^^^ Congrats on getting her street legal, I'm almost there myself, just gotta get the front end alignment done then its off to the dmv for plates. Can't wait, I'm excited woohoo! And yes I'm getting old too, lol. ;):p:D;D

RPM289

My neighbors asked what is that thing in your backyard? I smiled and said a Bronco they are like oh... ????? At least my friends 8 yr old boy knows what it is and loves it. Every time he comes over "Can I play in the Bronco" :) :) I told him I will teach him to drive it and he is like WOW COOL!!!