• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco hut headers and exhaust

Bronco1294

I’m getting ready to install bronco hut headers and exhaust. I have never done exhaust work before and I’m looking for suggestions advice or if anyone has done these before. I’m looking for things to watch out for and some instructions since I don’t have any. Example do I use sealant? Do I torq the bolts to the specific ft. Lb?

Thanks in advance. Especially if anybody wants to help! I live in Elizabeth. I’m new to broncos so thanks!

phyler

Loc.
Denver area
A few of the guys over at coloradoclassicbroncos.com run that setup. Plus there are some guys close to you on the south side of Denver.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
When I bought mine for my 5.0 with GT40P heads the headers came without gaskets. The instructions with the headers instructed to seal with high heat RTV sealant without a gasket. The headers are not a port match with the GT40P heads and will not work without gaskets to close off the space.

I had to learn all this the hard way. So ignore the instructions, make sure and order gaskets along with the headers. Call them and discuss what you are doing and they'll help you figure it out.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Me and a buddy installed my complete exhaust from headers all the way back to the mufflers and exit w/no tips, dumps out at the rear axle underneath. IIRC we used 2.25 mandrel bent tubing from Summit, which was important cuz I wanted good flow without those ugly bends you get from non mandrel tubes. Bought the hangers and clamps and painted everything to look nice and the final thing was to drill a hole and clamp the bung for the FiTech, I couldn't be happier with how it all came out, you're system is different than mine but the same planning and engineering goes into it. It was fun, good luck. Jim;)

Attachments

• IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 108

BroncoChicken

The dead-soft aluminum gaskets work well with those headers. I have the same setup and the only issue I had was getting the passenger side header snug with the first exhaust section.

BroncoChicken

Used an impact and it was pretty easy. Getting it tight with ratchets would be tough. Biggest challenge was getting the passenger side collector snug, which would be easier now with the 1" body lift. A second set of hands is helpful. I used Proform wedge lock header bolts (66756) and Percy's Seal 4 Good dead soft gaskets (66014) with no issues.