• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3.5"lift. Keep sway bars attached?

Attac

Contributor
3.5" lift. Progressive duffs springs. Full cage no hard top. 35s on 17" rims. This is a 76 and had sway bars. Should I keep them or leave them off. Pavement and beach driving. No hard off-roadies in this one.
Chuck

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I would keep them.
Even if it was for harder off-road use I would want sway bars. but then I would want aftermarket detachable ones.

charlie6976

Loc.
Grand Coulee WA
Are these stock and work with a lift with no modifications? Should be easy to take off and drive with out the sway bar. I think you'll want it back on.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I took mine off after the lift - then put em back on ; They definitely help the ride /roll . Fronts went back on no problem but had to lengthen the attachment rods on the rear. The sway Bars do limit your wheel travel so if you're doing any hard core wheeling figure out a detachable mount . That being said ; we've gone some pretty knarly places with the bars attached .

Broncobowsher

Total hack
For what you describe, keep it. Consider adding a rear as well.
Good choice on the street.

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Maybe my springs are stiffer than others, I have a 3" susp and 35s, no top and a fiberglass tub, but body roll is not even a consideration. I would actually be concerned that by adding sway bars it would make the EB over-steer and become more "twitchy".