• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vroom It runs again.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.... Guess What Guys & Gals .. My Diesel Bronco is alive AGAIN.
my INJECTION PUMP went South about December.
So In knowing what I don't know about my Diesel . I choose to get a Mechanic friend to do this job for me. Jimmy had worked at a TRUCH REPAIR SHOP that used to do business. But He quit & Too a slightly better job in my town. So I've been trading with him on a dozen different items .
... But this evening He got my little Diesel BRONCO going again. It had to fill the pump up & It did spin over until I began to have 2nd thoughts .. Then bleed th line a 3rd time & It started up & ran.
... I believe we need to still to increase the idle .. As it seems to be down at about 350 & On the old pump it was up at about 800. But I have alway wanted it to idle lower. So I can adjust the pump later. But at this time my hand throttle will help me determine where I WANT IT TO BE.
...... But Taco & I took it for a Pasture Run & a County Road Run... He in Puppy Dog Heaven getting back on his TACO Tray.......

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Sounds like fun congrats Pa, not too many better feelings than bringing an old vehicle to life, especially after a heart transplant ;D

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I sure was glad our Diagnosis was correct .
.When I built my Bronco 10 years ago .. The kid I bought the motor from said the Injection pump was no good & Needed to be replaced. So I heard it run & Yes it was leaking ..
I CAM HOME & installed the motor & when I cranked it up it was still leaking.
& By this time I'd already bought myself a new injection off someone on 4 BTSWAPS.COM ... I took it to Abilene injection & they checked it over & put on some new solenoid on it & It was good to go.
... SO I was checking the motor out & I decided to tighten all the screws on on it . & IT JUST QUITE LEAKING ... SO IT LASTED 10 YEARS .. & I had a free replacement .. only took my guy 3 months to get it on . Actual work time was about 4+ hours .. But we had to stop & order a tool & make a tool . And got ran off due to bad weather one evening .But it did run again. Yea.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Glad taco got his ride back so he can now do his patrol duty. You gave him quite the vacation. Too damn cold out there for his skinny little legs anyway.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
So the SNAKEBITE .. UpDate.
It ran about 2 weeks maybe But didn't seem correct. SO I kept scratching, my head then I FOUND IT would not run over about 1400 RPMS. hum.
SO 2 WEEKENDS AGO I REMOVED THE FUEL FILTER It was so nasty... HOW. It only had maybe 100 miles on it. the old flue was so black. SO I ASSUME MY FLUE TANK is bad. Maybe a hole on it's top.. But I unhooked the tank. & hooked up a 18 gallon barrel & ran lines back to motor & a new filter full of 2CUL OIL FOR LUBERACATION.
It did run better than it has in a while. I still haven't got it out on the County Road But I've had it in the pasture..
SO DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD FUEL Tank they need to get rid of. I'm in the market. Not sure I need the 23 gallon. 11 to 15 should be fine. Due to the Bronco gets about 15 mpg So I still only need to fill up about every 2 months. 23 gallons might just let the fUEL get to old.
Text me 254-592-5455. & I'll get back to you. Durning the day I'm on the job & my cell doesn't work very well. AKA NO SERVICE.
ALSO IF I answer & I'm a jurk .. SORRY... but I'm getting so many internet sells calls. THERE'S NO TELLING WHAT i'LL SAY AT TIMES .. I get about 5 to 10 calls a day. from numbers I don't know . SO I can be a jurk at times.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good to have you and your diesel back “on line” Pa Pitt. We’ve missed your posts! I bet Taco is as thrilled as you are to have his ride up and running again.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I wish someone made a 15-18 gallon tank. I don’t need a 23 gallon tank bc like you I won’t ride mine everyday. I expect to drive it 10-12 times a month, maybe less once I get it done. I really don’t want old gas left in my tank for months.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good luck chief.. someone bound to have one for ya

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
HAVE ANY OF YOU USED ONE OF THE fuel cells that Summit sells. It could just set in the bed.
& Since my bed is full of farm related Help Items It'd not be any worse than all the other crap I kep in the bed.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
I wish someone made a 15-18 gallon tank. I don’t need a 23 gallon tank bc like you I won’t ride mine everyday. I expect to drive it 10-12 times a month, maybe less once I get it done. I really don’t want old gas left in my tank for months.

HAVE ANY OF YOU USED ONE OF THE fuel cells that Summit sells. It could just set in the bed.
& Since my bed is full of farm related Help Items It'd not be any worse than all the other crap I kep in the bed.

No on the fuel cell but Aero tanks will make a reduced capacity version of it's 23 gallon unit. I have one on my EB. I didn't like how low the 23's hang and wanted the ground clearance. They claim it's about 18 gallons but I have put 19+ into mine several times.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
No on the fuel cell but Aero tanks will make a reduced capacity version of it's 23 gallon unit. I have one on my EB. I didn't like how low the 23's hang and wanted the ground clearance. They claim it's about 18 gallons but I have put 19+ into mine several times.

Riding on fumes?

Welcome back Pa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawdad

Bronco Guru

Good to hear that. I was looking at their rear tanks but 23 is a bit too much for my use. I will contact them to see if they will build a tank of my preference. Thx a bunch for the lead. Matt