• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR Another misleading auction

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
This is the type of garbage that chaps my hide.

"Very Very original and has not been messed with"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Bronco...tr=true&hash=item1c58c67a90&item=121748486800

I have to be honest. I don't really see any big issue with this ad. He does not make any outrageous claims that would be considered out right fraud. He says it is probably 118,000 miles, he says seats have been recovered. That is his opinion on the Rare black paint, and the Rare wiper cover. He says it is not perfect, yet shows well. He says it has some dings and dents. Sorry, I don't see where this guy is just obviously trying to deceive someone. He has tried to throw in a few comments to make this 40 something year old bronco sound more valuable.... I have seen much much much worse.... Just my opinion..

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It's almost become a play on words.

All original.......as it rolled off the line.......which we all know just about doesn't exist now.

Very, very, very original....like advertised above...which means not original.......but then says "not messed with".........which would mean original.

IMO, it's up to the buyer to know his bronco options and history before buying and do his research to know what original is, if that's what they're looking for.

I know Raven black was offered in 71' as with all the other years except maybe 73 or 74? Can't remember that one.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Also has original sport mat in decent looking shape.
Price seem about right depending on condition.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Elan has not been around long enough to have seen Socks-N-Sandals listings. If he had, he would be kinda like us and not think this one is so bad....

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
To me the "has not been messed with" part is more inaccurate than the "very very original" statement. Cutting the fenders, adding a rollbar and changing bumpers constitutes "messed with" in my book.

This one has been "messed with" but not necessarily "messed up". That's a different thing..... Socks -n- Sandals did both.

It's been messed with if the fenders are cut.

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the bronco and think it's listed at a good price. Im a little older than the bronco, I don't look like I did when I came out of the factory but I still consider myself being very original.

I look at the bronco and the ad using that same logic. Now if I was looking for a concourse, show vehicle then I would weigh things much differently.