• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster refurbishing

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
27343957910_12c59d0661_z.jpg

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Have you noted the cutoff year for the orange line highlight yet?
I see in that 4-panel pic that the one with it is from '67.

Paul

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Have you noted the cutoff year for the orange line highlight yet?
I see in that 4-panel pic that the one with it is from '67.

Paul

It seems strange, I will get clusters both out of say a 1971 and one will have the stripe and one will not some even have date stamps from the factory. I cant seem to find any real pattern to speak of other than it being almost exclusive to the later model Broncos. My Bronco is a 1976 Sport that I know for sure has the original cluster and I do not have the orange line.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks. Mine is an original mid-year '71 (non-CA if that makes any difference), and it does not have the stripe either.
I should have it out soon. When I do, I'll check the part number/date code to see what model it is.

Paul

Last edited:

1970mule

Bronco Guru
mine is acting crazy making loud noise and flopping around. can it be fixed

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
mine is acting crazy making loud noise and flopping around. can it be fixed

I would really have to take a look at it before I could make that determination. Most of the head units I see can be fixed but there are a few that have to be replaced.

Kevin

gravelrunner69

Loc.
ZAP
first off Kevin it looks like you do great work, and one way or the other you will be seeing my cluster in the future. but I have a few questions,I was just browsing looking at dashs and found this pic of JB fabs cluster with an after market speedo in the old cluster and love the idea,would you do this?I also would want the voltmeter and white faces. if interrested could you pm me a round about quote?thanks

Attachments

• DSCN7732_thumb.jpg
    DSCN7732_thumb.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 409
OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
first off Kevin it looks like you do great work, and one way or the other you will be seeing my cluster in the future. but I have a few questions,I was just browsing looking at dashs and found this pic of JB fabs cluster with an after market speedo in the old cluster and love the idea,would you do this?I also would want the voltmeter and white faces. if interrested could you pm me a round about quote?thanks

pm sent.

tryc

Loc.
Northern Alabama
When you can, post up the year of the Bronco the cluster is out of too. I know you have in some cases, but since some have the hash marks on the inside of the numbers, some on the outside, some have that little extra line in the higher speed range and some don't, it'd be nice to know what years had what.
This way we can tap this resource (you) and track down when the changes were made.

Paul, my cluster is out of a 1971. As far as I have been able to determine, it is not a Sport or Ranger, just a standard wagon... Mine has the line under the 70-100 mph range (which is now orange again, thanks to Kevin).