• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster refurbishing

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
30639425725_397ba6685a_h.jpg

30522584052_24f583304a_h.jpg

Last edited:

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
I never thought i would say that speedometers were an art form but buddy that is a work of art. You have making them look new again mastered, what else can I say but Awesome job on all the ones you've shown on here.;)

jonniehogg

Loc.
Manti
My gauge looks really superb. I am anxious to come and pick it up later this week. I would gladly recommend you to everyone on this board. I sent him my cluster last wednesday and he already had it complete. Unbelievable work and amazing turn around. I will definately be sending more work your way.
Thanks,
Jon Harmston

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
Kevin,
Got mine back today. It looks so good, I think I should hang it on the wall with the kids pictures!;D
Those guys at usps must have infiltrated the fedex company...really slow delivery.
Other than that...SUPER JOB!
thanks

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Kevin,
Got mine back today. It looks so good, I think I should hang it on the wall with the kids pictures!;D
Those guys at usps must have infiltrated the fedex company...really slow delivery.
Other than that...SUPER JOB!
thanks

Fatboy,

I'm really glad you are happy with it. FedEx might not be the fastest but they have great customer service and they send me emails all along the way so I know where the gauge is and when it gets delivered.

Kevin Capito

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
My face plate is like the second, which has no explinatory statement with it. Mine is dented but not twisted. Yrs ago I read an article (I believe it wuz by U) that was very helpful in getting me to even try working on it...so I did. To me that's worth more than your repair service. I want to commend you on that, how U helped me, and your offer to assist the fella near U with "the trade"!
Can the dent be pushed out (I could not)? How much/were to find a new face plate (didn't even know what to call it till our meeting on line).

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
My face plate is like the second, which has no explinatory statement with it. Mine is dented but not twisted. Yrs ago I read an article (I believe it wuz by U) that was very helpful in getting me to even try working on it...so I did. To me that's worth more than your repair service. I want to commend you on that, how U helped me, and your offer to assist the fella near U with "the trade"!
Can the dent be pushed out (I could not)? How much/were to find a new face plate (didn't even know what to call it till our meeting on line).

chrlsful,

I am able to straighten out bent and dented face plates depending on the amount of damage. If it is beyond repair I have a spare face plate I will install free of charge for you when I do the refurb.

Let me know if I can help,

Kevin

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Probably not (U got a business ta run). I'm 1 of these "long term unemployed', have 2 spares, n just wanna put a face in. You got a talent there. I played miniture body man n put it on some balsa wood, pushed, then tapped w/a mini ball pean hammer. It's so over stressed (looks like some 1 drove a turn signal arm thru the glass & into it @ the junk yrd when stackin another vehicle on top of it) I'll hafta push it beyond orig to get back to "flat". "Necessity is the mother..." and "Laka $" is one too.
Like I said above - sharin the knowledge is greater than the service tgo me. Another proverb/sayin : "teach a man to fish..." kinda fits here, so , again thanks. Just need a face. Now - a little mo money n the luminated after mrkt dealie wouldn't B bad, but that's not right now.
Thanks Kevin, continued good luck with the service!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Thats some great work there. Have you considered doing something custom for us "resto-modders"? Something like this perhaps?

Attachments

• 0806dp_13_z+1966_ford_bronco+speedometer.jpg
    0806dp_13_z+1966_ford_bronco+speedometer.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 310
OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thats some great work there. Have you considered doing something custom for us "resto-modders"? Something like this perhaps?

Heus33,

I have done a lot of custom jobs on many different makes and models. One of the most popular custom refurbish for the Bronco is changing all of the analog gauge to a new Autometer setup.

Thank you,

Kevin