• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nano-Particle Ceramic Coatings

pipeline010

Anyone have any experience with this stuff?

https://www.ceramicpro.com/about/

Looks like ICON is using it to support their 'derelict' builds, keeping rust from forming and they've begun using it on all their builds. It prevents oxidation and coats easily; waxes don't prevent diatomic Oxygen from penetrating just water.

He talks about the stuff around the 8 minute mark. Great video aside from the nano ceramic stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_zK-elCQrc

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Pretty sure its just cerakote clear coat. I haven't played around with it much but i know it doesn't like being spayed on the C-series cerakotes. It just doesn't lay down well. It does like plastics and other paints, I was considering coating my rockers and lower quarters with this or doing a clear film. Stuff is kind of expensive at $70 a pint

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
cerakote clear coat...It just doesn't lay down well. It does like plastics and other paints, I was considering coating my rockers and lower quarters with this or doing a clear film. Stuff is kind of expensive at $70 a pint

Cerakote is the new hotness in barbell coatings. See: Rogue Cerakote Ohio bar.
And let's keep my other hobbies from having larger Venn diagrams please.
;D

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Ha Ha, I hear you! Everytime I see something cool I'm like "man, how can I apply this to my bronco?" Here's a few things I've cerakoted so far...

cera1.jpg cera3.jpg

cera2.jpg cera4.jpg

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Ceramic coating is a game changer. I had my Hellcat done and will be doing the Bronco when its back from paint. He also did my Moms Charger which has vinyl decals and no problems with it

Its basically like RainX but on steroids. My detailer uses Optimum Gloss Coat and it has a 12 month warranty. Water still beads off and its been almost 22 months since he did the coating. For the first 6 months all I literally did was spray the car off and then hit 100mph to air dry and it was spotless.

Attachments

• 20170811_145411.jpg
    20170811_145411.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20170113_152128_zpsp0ko9xcc.jpg
    IMG_20170113_152128_zpsp0ko9xcc.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
pipeline010

pipeline010

this is pretty amazing stuff. keep your truck away from the rust for another 5-10 years and I bet we'll have polymers that'll keep it that way forever.