• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH MOAB Hydro Boost System Problems

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Installed a new WH MOAB Hydro Boost system over the past week and some. Hydro Boost is working and no issues. The Wilwood master cylinder was bench bled. Can't get any pedal pressure. Have to pump a lot to get just a little pedal. No air coming from calipers during bleeding. Still no solid pedal.

Anyone else install this system and have similar issues? Was there a resolution? Not sure where to look next. No leaks in the system that I can find. Calipers are working.

I was supposed to leave for OCBR this morning now doubting I'll get this resolved in time to leave tomorrow.

Help!!

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What bore size Wilwood master cylinder? 1.125"? Are you running the pushrod spacer in the MC so that you have a small amount of clearance between the HB output rod and MC piston?

What brakes are you running? Specifically, what calipers?

OP
OP
Fitz24

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Used the bullet spacer with the Master cylinder. Not sure of bore. The Wilwood came with the Wild Horse "MOAB Hydro Boost" System I purchased to make installation easy. Running ford calipers in the front and GM in the back.

Now, I'll have to update. What others need to know is that you will not get the full pedal feel with this setup. Since I was getting some pedal, I decided to put the tires back on and give it a try. Now I feel pretty stupid. Brakes worked great. Pedal doesn't need to move much for brakes to work. I was expecting a full pedal feel like I had the original MC and vacuum booster. Not the case I guess. Probably wasted 2 full days of bleeding thinking I couldn't get all the air out or was missing something.

True test will be in the morning when I try them again after sitting overnight. Then to load up quick and get on the road to Hot Springs!

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
That's why hydroboost is a no brainer in these rigs. You go from Iron leg braking to modern car braking with a LOT more feel.