• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another what is my Bronco worth thread?

castlewa

Loc.
Bellingham, Washingt
Any help loading images would be much appreciated!!!!:cool:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/dto_garage.php?do=editvehicle&v=5594

I have been a member here though four Broncos. Not very active especially the last ten years but always lurking. Some of you will recognize this Bronco. That has been one of the hardest parts of owning this Bronco for me.

I took my Bronco to my friends shop today. I am having work done on her to get her ready for sale. Before I left he said "What are you asking? I know I will get asked". I have a rough idea but I want to run it by all of you before I give him a number.

I have had this Bronco for at least 10 years and have driven it maybe 100 miles total. It has been in my shop all of these years and the plan was to fix her up and drive her.

I will be posting more pictures as they become available. My friend will be taking pics of the under carriage and the rest as he works on it.

1968 289 V8 original engine, the VIN is U14 so it is an original half cab (please correct me if I am wrong), uncut, painted New Holland Blue. I have spent a lot of time finishing the paint job (Hand sanding)!

Aftermarket:
Electric Wipers
Power Steering - brand new summit steering column (it had some play in the steering but is perfect now)
Power front disc brakes
Duff Lift Kit
Aluminum wheels
Three speed moved to the floor, Duff shift kit.
Fiberglass top
Seats
Stereo
four core radiator
Ignition coils
I have all the receipts for the above.

The floor pans have been replaced. All rust (what little there is) is surface.

Everything else is being repaired while it is in the shop.

I appreciate any and all help. As I mentioned it will probably be hard to help until I put up more pictures. With that said I have already been asked for the selling price.

Last edited:

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Wow, surprised no one has responded to you. Just looking at your "garage" photos you have what looks like a nice driver there. Rust is the major thing and assuming there is only minimal surface rust like you state I would say high 20s. Looking forward to more pictures (undercarriage, inside door posts, interior floor, etc.) and hopefully others will chime in too!

OP
OP
castlewa

castlewa

Loc.
Bellingham, Washingt
Wow, surprised no one has responded to you. Just looking at your "garage" photos you have what looks like a nice driver there. Rust is the major thing and assuming there is only minimal surface rust like you state I would say high 20s. Looking forward to more pictures (undercarriage, inside door posts, interior floor, etc.) and hopefully others will chime in too!

It is the first Bronco I have owned with now rust on the cowl. Door post are solid, wheel wells, I will post pictures as I get them. Thank you for the feedback!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
From the pics I would say around $20K. But the extent of the rust will determine how much above or below 20 it would be.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
here you go chief........

Attachments

• 17794t_1.jpg
    17794t_1.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 17799t_1.jpg
    17799t_1.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 307
  • 17801t_1.jpg
    17801t_1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 17803t_1.jpg
    17803t_1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 305
  • 17804t_1.jpg
    17804t_1.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 307

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Don't sell it.. fix that thing up and drive it like you stole it .. :)

but I understand when other stuff gets in the way.. Good luck

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I have a no-rust '69 DD that I have ~$12K invested in it including purchase price (rebuilt 302, C4, and a few other goodies) that I thought was worth $10K, purchased for $3,300 25 years ago. Some one just offered me $12K without even giving it a hard look; he just wanted one! So now I'm thinking it would bring $15-$20K in today's market. FYI, manual drum brakes and steering. It is just a solid reliable DD.

OP
OP
castlewa

castlewa

Loc.
Bellingham, Washingt
Thanks Sprvd1! Once all of the work is done I just may keep it! Just need to convince the wife. That didn’t go over with the first three I owned so not sure it will fly now! Wish me luck.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, got to let you keep at least one... Make it happen :D