• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lower quarter panel fitment issues

Gweiner

Loc.
Charlotte
Hey Guys -

Trying to fit some new lower quarters amd having a fitment issue. Rear seam looks off and not even. Any tips on how to get these things lined up better? Screwing them on until I am comfortable with fit and then will weld in place.

I now understand why people try to save as much original sheetmetal as possible...

Attachments

• 20171119_172012.jpg
    20171119_172012.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 202

BigToe

I've got the same thing going on with my project. I figure the only fix will be to cut the tail end as far down as needed to make the seam match up, and weld it back up. A lot of extra work.:mad:

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you referring to the gap?
Cause I would just seam seal it and move forward myself. Don't forget you will never get a Bronco to have even tolerances like a new car. I am pretty sure the guys were drunk when they built them if you look at the facrory welds and panels.

Godwick

Loc.
Santa Barbara, CA
Are you referring to the gap?
Cause I would just seam seal it and move forward myself. Don't forget you will never get a Bronco to have even tolerances like a new car. I am pretty sure the guys were drunk when they built them if you look at the facrory welds and panels.

Ha! Yep. X2.

71 CA Bronco

Common issue with Dynacorn. Even the new Dynacorn tub has the issue. They just force it in and leave a gap for the body guy to deal with.

If you call them they will swear nobody has ever had an issue. When I did mine I went to their warehouse and searched through several boxes and they all had the issue. I sliced and welded mine to get a tight seam. Like others have said you could force it in and seam seal as well. Kinda sucks when you put all that effort into making it nice and have to deal with over seas tooling.

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
Hey Guys -
Screwing them on until I am comfortable with fit and then will weld in place.

Be very careful with this approach. I got too aggressive trying to pull the panels into place and wrinkled both sides. May have had more going on there than you, but that sheet metal doesn't want to give on the flat plane.