• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I changed out the dash gauge voltage regulator again. Engine temp at 180 gauge says 125 still working on it.
Have you been discussing this somewhere in the tech section bbw?
Instead of replacing the regulators, are you testing the input an output to make sure that it’s correct? Might be something else going on.
Of course, getting multiple bad IVR’s is not unheard of either!

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Have you been discussing this somewhere in the tech section bbw?
Instead of replacing the regulators, are you testing the input an output to make sure that it’s correct? Might be something else going on.
Of course, getting multiple bad IVR’s is not unheard of either!
I need to check the input an output. I haven’t done that yet. I’ve been out of town. Can’t really check it for another week or two. Thanks for the advice , a friend of mine in Tucson is selling NOS 66 roadster mirrors in the box I think Jim has talked to him

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bet he has!
So, when you check voltage, the input should have pretty much the same as battery voltage. So check the battery first before you get under the dash and I can’t get back out! :)
The output of a modern digital version should be steady at 5 to 6 V.
An original electromechanical style will output a pulsed voltage. Kind of hard to test on a digital voltmeter, but easy to see the needle sweep on an old analog meter.
If you happen to still have one.

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Started install of Carter electric fuel pump. Made a bracket with a bunch of rubber grommets for dampening and to get it high enough to clear axle travel.

Attachments

• IMG_4018.jpeg
    IMG_4018.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4019.jpeg
    IMG_4019.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4020.jpeg
    IMG_4020.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 20